Thursday, February 19, 2009

What to look for in this Sunday's paper

I have heard from several people that they were disappointed to find no coupons in this past Sunday's paper. The good news is that both Smart Source and Red Plum are scheduled to be in there this weekend. Check out Southern Savers--my favorite couponing blog (thanks, Jennifer!!!) that is putting The Grocery Game to shame--each week to see what to expect in the weekend paper. She also links to a list of the coupons you will find in each insert. It's a fabulous resource for knowing how many copies of the paper you want to buy based on the quality of the coupons.

Also on her site are lists of grocery store sales matched to available coupons both printable and non-printable. It truly is my new go-to site when planning my grocery store trip. Check it out; it's an incredibly valuable resource. And best of all it's FREE.

She doesn't have a Wal-Mart list, though, and I know that my Scottsboro readers really need a Wal-Mart list. I think Couponmom is going to be the best resource for Wal-Mart. Hope that helps all you fellow couponers.

And if you have a favorite couponing resource, please share. I am so thankful that Jennifer shared this one with me!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey LB, for your Wal-Mart readers, they could check out any of the blogs listed under Wal-Mart on

http://www.becentsable.net/2008/08/becentsables-original-grocery-gathering.html

That's the website Jenny (Southern Savers) recommends for stores that she doesn't cover. I haven't used any of the Wal-Mart links but I look at the one one that site that covers a local grocery store here and it's set up the same way as Jenny's. So maybe those readers can find that helpful!

I'm glad you like Southern Savers!!

julie said...

i am curious as to if you have found these other [free] websites sufficient enough to stop paying for the grocery game? if so, i am intrigued to try them

Jenny said...

LB,
I'm so glad you find Southern Savers helpful!! I actually started the site because I got tired of seeing the deals the grocery game missed every week so it's fun to see that you find it helpful in comparison to them.

If I were to pick a blog for Wal-mart deals it would be www.thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com (I think I typed it right). I am not an advocate of Wal-mart shopping, you can do much better elsewhere, but I know some cities don't have a choice.

Thanks again for mentioning me!
Jenny

Ashley said...

Love your blog Laura Beth! Also it's fun to keep up with how you're doing.
I am new to this whole "coupon world" and thought there was something wrong with the paper I picked up on Sunday b/c there weren't any coupons and I paid $2 for the paper. :( Is that a common occurrence?