Friday, February 13, 2009

I've been tagged

I have been tagged by my dear friend Sarah, and it was just what I needed to help me out of the blog hiatus I have been on. (If three days counts as a hiatus) Here we go...

THE RULES:
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag—eight other untagged people.

Make a list of things you can see without getting up: I'm in the living room, and I see Scott lying on the couch, going through my coupons to remove the expired ones (he's a sweetheart that one. He never stops serving me), my diet coke (of course), and piles of coupons on the floor waiting to be distributed in the proper envelope

Favorite football team: HELLO!!! Auburn Tigers. Sarah, I'm a bit surprised at you.

What are you wearing now? black pajama pants, and an old cross country t-shirt that once belonged to my younger sister

What color is your bedroom? a very sad off white. In my head it is gray with yellow accents. We'll get there one day;)

What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth (for the third time), and I also read my free Woman's Day that arrived in the mail today.

Do you nap a lot? I usually snooze for the last 30 minutes of Ada's nap, which is just enough to make me extra tired when I awake to her crying for me to come get her out of bed.

Who was the last person you hugged? Ada.

What’s your current obsession/addiction? Diet coke. Current, always. And couponing/deal finding, it's always on my mind.

What was the last thing you said aloud? hmmmm...I don't really know...

What Web sites do you always visit when you go online? hotmail, google reader, craigslist, facebook

What was the last thing you bought? diet coke from QT

What are you listening to right now? a commercial on tv

What is something you wish you could do more? go on dates with Scott (I am currently in the midst of a pity party over the fact that tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and it will be like every other day of my life. This pity part is feeling oddly familiar to the pity parties I used to have back in my single days. Lesson learned--I need to get over myself)

What gives you hope? "For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth," Psalm 71:5

What is your favorite weather, and why? Fall, sun shining, leaves beautiful colors, and just cool enough for a light jacket

What time do you usually get up? 6ish. We had a few days when Ada slept until 7:30, and life was good, but it turned out to be a fluke. We are back to 6 am.

What is your most challenging goal right now? stopping the diet coke habit. It is so hard for me, but I am trying. I really am.

Say something to the person who tagged you: Sarah, there is no way I would have survived freshman year without you, my dear friend. Can't we go back in time for just one day--surely we would laugh if we overheard the conversations we must have had back then!

If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? no doubt--Rosemary Beach, right on the ocean

Favorite vacation spot? Rosemary Beach

What is your favorite children’s book? Where the Sidewalk Ends

Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: fried pickles dipped in ranch, and, of course, diet coke

If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be? I would love to run into Kerri Russell or Scott Speedman at some point in my life

Have you ever met anyone famous? If so who? no, not a single one, and I want to so badly. Though, I would surely make a fool of myself.

If you could have any job in the world , what would it be?Honestly, I am doing what I always wanted to do, and if I wasn't a full time mom, I would want to be a teacher. So... I got to do them--the jobs I dreamed of.

Who is your hero? Off the top of my head, my parents and Scott's parents. I now know that marriage and parenting is not easy, and we give Ada a heritage of generations who stuck it out, and did what they had to do day in and day out. That's no small thing.

Who is the last person you talked to? Scott

I tag: my sisters (that's 3), Bethany (my blog friend who has become my real friend, yea), Jessica, Joy, and anyone else who wants to do this thing(I can't remember if there is a certain number of people that I need to tag)

3 comments:

Ann said...

These are some good ones. I would like to do that at some point. Those pictures of Ada give me a little boost! Those tiny little legs and wild hair! There are a few of them that really remind me of you.

Hollen said...

That is great!! :)
Hollen

rhodes1 said...

I agree, those pictures of Ada looked a lot like you.

Also, I love grey with yellow accents. I'd be happy to come help out in painting sometime!