Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good Day for Saving









I bought all of the above for 31.91, and that is my grocery total for the week. A far cry from the 100 that I used to spend, and it was always a struggle to stick to the 100 dollar budget. I am so thankful for blogging and coupons and all that I have learned about saving money at the grocery store.

Here is what I bought.

At Publix
8 packs of Knorr sides
1 bag of Pita chips
Earth Grains whole grain bread
3 cans of cinnamon rolls
Publix taco seasoning
Mission Flour tortillas
5 boxes of Jolly Time popcorn (FREE!!!!)
4 boxes of Pillsbury Reduced Sugar cake mix(.04 each!!!!!)

total before sales and coupons=43.89
total after sales and coupons=12.10

have I mentioned that I love Publix?

Then at Kroger

Kroger sour cream
2 Pepperidge Farm loaves of garlic bread
1/2 gallon of Kroger milk (marked down to .70!!!!!!!!)
2 bags of Sargento cheese
Guacamole
Kroger black beans
Tyson split chicken breast (.99 a lb!!!!)
2 packs of Hillshire Farms deli Ham
Sargento string cheese

Total before sales and coupons=33.42
Total after sales and coupons=19.81

As soon as we got home from the grocery store, Ada was begging for some lunch. Again, against my better judgement, I sat her lunch in front of her and let her dig in, so that I could put the groceries away while she ate. At least this time her lunch was a bit healthier than spaghettios. Here she is with her pasta, pears, and hummus all mixed together--yummy. After lunch we took her straight to the bath tub. This is becoming quite the trend at our house.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love how Ada models your deals for you - like one of the Price Is Right girls!

Hollen said...

That is great! Oh, and Ada is so cute! :)
Hollen

Bethany said...

Great job! Ada looks so cute holding up your Knorr pack! :) Have those extra coupons come in handy yet? :)
BTW, are you guys going to the library tomorrow?

Ann said...

All those good deals!! Ahhh! It's killing me. Ada looks quite a bit older in her recent pictures :( Makes me sad I didn't get to see her. Is she keeping her bows in a little more these days?

The Slagleys said...

I laughed because I got those same deals at Publix! Way to save! I am loving all the savings lately.