Thursday, February 5, 2009

Checking In

I am here and alive, and this is me, not my mother;) This is the second time my mom has accidentally posted on my blog. The first time we just deleted it, but I thought everyone might enjoy all the Andrew pictures, so I decided to leave it and give you a taste of my mom. You can check out her blog here.

Anyway, I am back in McDonough after driving all day yesterday and tutoring all last night. It was nice to wake up facing a normal day at home. And I do mean at home. There is no way Ada and I are getting out in that cold if I don't have to!! (Though I do have to tutor some students tonight, so I will be driving to their homes).

It was so much fun to be there as Andrew entered the world. It was crazy!! Ann pushed once, and we saw his head. She pushed again, and he was here. Crazy, crazy. And he only weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. Earlier that morning we were predicting how much he weighed. We all guessed he would be smaller than her first two, but I said there was no way she would have a baby less than 8 lbs. How wrong I was!! Andrew was even smaller than Ada when she was born.

Spending Monday night with her brought on some serious de ja vou (sp?). When Ada was born, we sent Scott home to get some sleep, and Ann spent the first night in the hospital with me. It was all the same this time, only we had switched places.

Anyway, I will be back later to post more, but Ada is currently pulling on my shirt sleeve and saying "no, mommy!!" so I better run.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad everything went great. I can't believe she only pushed twice. Are you going to be in McD. the weekend of the 14th? Please let me know :)

Hollen said...

That is so cool! :) Glad that everyhint is going great! :)
Hollen

Ashley Turnbull said...

Congratulations to Ann and Steven! Praise the Lord for the small baby! Keep us updated!