Sunday, April 6, 2008

8 months of having Ada as my sidekick (and other weekend events)

So my little Ada is 8 months old....she is slowly making her way towards the one year mark. Crazy, crazy. I was thinking today, as I was getting her up from her nap, what a shock to the system those first six weeks with her were. This past summer as I was going nuts waiting for her to be born--as I mentioned in the previous post, I HATED being pregnant--my mom kept telling me that it would be a whole new level of not having control over my own life after she was born. And this is so true. Yes she controlled my life in many ways prior to being born, but she took on a whole new level of control once we brought her home from the hospital. She is truly my little sidekick. Where I go, she goes, and vice versa. That is, until this coming weekend. Ada and I will be separating for two nights. I am going to AU to be a bridesmaid in Katie Tate's wedding, and in an effort to keep things sane, Scott will be staying in McDonough with Ada. It will be a big weekend for us all. Scott has set a limit of 3 phone calls per day from me--I am sure that I will call much more than that, but I will give it my best effort to limit myself. While in Auburn, I will be staying with my best friend Amy Speakman, who is a few months pregnant herself, and Lindsay L. Krupicka will also be joining us. It will be a taste of my old life, but I have a feeling that I will be very ready to get back to Scott and Ada when Sunday rolls around. We'll see how it goes.

As for other news, Jane and Elisha came to visit this past Friday, which was such a treat. Such refreshment to talk to another mom!! We let Ada and Elisha play, and we talked, and ended the visit with lunch at Chik-fil-A. Also, Jane brought me lots of adorable clothes she had picked up at a consignment sale, so on Friday, the shopping came to me. Thanks again, Jane, for making the drive!!
Elisha found the stairs and Ada's pacifier:) And finally, Friday night, Scott, Ada, and I had dinner with another couple and their 4 month old son. I have mentioned this family before--Scott works with the husband, and the wife and I are connecting over motherhood. We have plans for coffee Monday afternoon. So, as always, God is meeting the need for fellowship with other women. Why do I ever doubt that he will provide my daily manna?

Headed to dinner Friday night. Ada is wearing a pair of pants that Jane brought.

5 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

The Turnbulls will see you this weekend - should be fun! Ada is ADORABLE...wish she was coming so I could hold her, but I understand your need to be sane. Scott will do a great job...see you Friday!

LB said...

Ashley, can we discuss what you plan to wear to the rehearsal dinner? Katie said that it was casual, but I am not sure what this means for a rehearsal dinner. I need some suggestions.

Milla said...

First of all, your child has the cutest smile I've ever seen. Ever. Please post more pictures of that little grin and of her new outfits!

Second of all, I'm very jealous that you get girl-time this weekend! Please give them all hugs for me (tell Amy congrats on her pregnancy. I didn't know that!)!

Third of all, I hope I'm as cute a mom as you!

LB said...

thanks, Milla, you're so sweet.

I wish you could join us this weekend!! I hate that distance has us all so separated--more actual face to face conversation would be so nice.

jane said...

elisha looks hilarious w/ that pink paci!