Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tagged

Okay, I have been tagged by Lindsay, so here goes.

Ten years ago I was...

15 years old--wow!! Young, and probably fairly self-absorbed as most 15 year olds are. I was most likely either at cheerleading practice or hanging out with my then boyfriend because that was all I did, it was not the healthiest of relationships I have to say. I guess at 15 healthy relationship with the opposite sex might be considered an oxymoron, and if I have any say at all, which I plan to have LOTS of say, Ada will not be dating at 15. And that's about it. Either doing some toe touches and stunts or I guess hanging out at my house with the boyfriend or possibly with the youth group. Let's just say I am thankful to be 25 and not 15. Fifteen is the reason I loved teaching my seniors, and barely survived teaching my sophomores.

Okay, on to the next thing.

5 things on my to do list:

1. laundry, laundry, and more laundry. Always laundry.
2. Finish vacuuming my house. The door to door salesman that came by last night took care of most of downstairs. Nice.
3. Feed Ada plenty of things that will make her go to the bathroom--this is a battle that is going on 5 months now!!
4. Run or tae bo
5. Return jeans to Old Navy--yea, an outing!!

5 snacks I enjoy:

1. string cheese
2. pita chips and hummus
3. boars head white american cheese
4. potato chips of any sort
5. chips and salsa from Chili's

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. pay off the house
2. then build a new house complete with a HUGE kitchen and a bonus room, and hopefully a basement where I can go in case of tornadoes (I HATE severe weather season)
3. hire a personal trainer
4. hire someone to clean my house--I HATE cleaning my house, but I get stressed out if it's not clean
5. adopt lots of children, then hire a nanny to help me, and of course, I would have plenty of room for them in my huge house. But I would definitely adopt children.
6. (okay, I know this is #6, but I have to add this one) Build a beautiful vacation home in Rosemary Beach, where Scott, me, and all the children would vacation. And I would let people stay in my house rent free--people that I know that is--particularly young couples and families who need a vacation so badly but just can't afford it.
7. (I know, but there are SO MANY things that I would do) Buy any book that I wanted, including the ESV literary study bible that Scott has been saying I could get forever, but we still haven't ordered (are you reading this, Scott? This is me asking again;)) And about a million parenting books.

5 bad habits

1. Procrastination, which reveals itself in all areas of my life.
2. picking at my nails
3. worrying
4. watching too much television on dvd
5. not exercising regularly enough

5 places I have lived

1. Scottsboro, AL
2. Auburn, AL
3. Chong Qing, China--summer after freshman year
4. Midtown--Atlanta, Ga
5. And now McDonough, GA

5 jobs I've had

1. Lite Side Restaurant--sandwich maker and yogurt fixer
2. Shacky's gym and tanning bed
3. Heartstrings
4. Tutor and study monitor for AU football players
5. American and British Lit. Teacher at Pebblebrook High School

I will tag
Ann (so that you will start a blog), Shannon (so that you will start a blog), and if you girls aren't reading or willing to start a blog, I tag Lindsey Slagley, Jane, and Rachel Olis

10 comments:

Amanda said...

You are going to be the designated blogger recruiter! Way to go getting the girls to start blogs. Remember when I tried a while back. No takers. It even took you a while!

Laura Forman said...

I found a picture the other day mixed in with all of the others of me and you and I think you were in the 8th grade...I should scan it and send it to you, it will make you smile :) We were in Cherokee NC on a mission trip...those were the days!!!

Milla said...

this is so funny... I love your rant about young love. So true! And, it cracks me up that a door-to-door salesman vacuumed your bottom floor. HAHA! I would also buy a house with a very large kitchen! So fun!

shannon said...

I love that I've just been tagged and don't even have a blog! But I'm working on it - I'm desperately trying to come up with a clever name - AV was not helpful at all. I can't even repeat the things he wanted me to call it.

So did you buy the vacuum cleaner? Allen lets any salesman into our house - he almost bought a ghetto security alarm once. It was called something like ADD instead of ADT. I had to put my foot down.

LB said...

See Shannon, example of what you could blog about--Allen and the ghetto security system. And no, we did not buy the vacuum. We told the guy from the beginning that there was no way on earth we could buy the vacuum--that is if we want our electricity to stay on this month. He gave us the pitch anyway. And it was quite the vacuum. He even shampooed part of our carpet. It was awesome. BUT he was at our house for 2 1/2 hours!! Anyway, this could be a post in itself, so I will stop here.

LB said...

And Laura, please send me the picture. Wow I can only imagine how beautiful I must look. Cherokee, NC. Those truly were the days:)

Lindsay said...

I wish a door-to-door salesman would come vacuum my house!

Ann said...

Thanks for the tag. I am very anxious to blog. I am just waiting for the right time...meaning that it's always late at night and I think I'll do it later. I often think about random thoughts that I would like to share with who(m)?ever would read them. How does your carpet look? By the way, I have been so sick. If you ever get this sick, you might be up a creek-Scott will have to take off or mom will have to hop in the car and drive as fast as she can. I was thinking about that. But God always meets us where we're at. For example...my allergies seemed to go away during the strep throat attack. Now they're back, but it was like the Lord said "I know you can't handle the allergies and strep throat". But I guess He decided I was ready for some more allergies. One more thing...Luke got his first haircut today at the barber shop on the square and screamed through the entire thing! Okay, in the time I wrote all this I could've started a blog.

Amanda said...

Laura beth, the arctic gray really does look blue on the walls. I think you would like it. I don't know what color gray you are thinking about. Darker?? Lighter??? Gray? What I did was get a color swatch at a Benjamin Moore retailer and took it to Home Depot so they could match the color. About $10 for the quart but worth it. I left in on the wall probably 2 weeks before I could decide. I'm going to sent you another picture of it to help you decide.

Milla said...

SHANNON!!! I would love it if you started a blog. I'm anxious to hear about life in Pcola... you could name it "the beach life" haha...