Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Adding to what I started earlier

It's about six hours later, and I am finally back. Idol just went off, Ada is fast asleep, and Scott is in his element playing baseball on X-box, so I decided to finish the blog I started earlier.

As I was saying, the dominant thing on my mind these days is Ada's little digestive system, which never seems to be working properly. And my doctor is NO HELP. He just keeps telling me to give her laxatives, but, really, for 4 months now, that's the only solution? So...we are going organic. Or at least Ada is. I did use organic whole grain bread when I made the grilled cheese I ate for dinner. And I had boar's head white american, yum, yum. But I also had a 100 calorie pack of cheetos and diet coke, so it certainly wasn't a fully organic meal. But it served it's purpose.

I have been in a funk lately when it comes to cooking. I just don't feel like doing it. Once the warm weather hits, I stop wanting to cook. Give me February, and I will give you a warm and cozy home cooked meal that could comfort anyone, but as soon as it hits 80 degrees outside, I'm thinking, let's just make a sandwich and be done with it.

Ada and I are headed to Scottsboro this weekend for Ellie's third birthday party. Bless her heart, she has had to sit through many a kid's party at pre-school, and each and every time, Ann promises her that her day is coming. And tomorrow, her day has finally arrived. The actual family birthday party is not until Friday night, but Ann is taking "refreshments" to Ellie's pre-school tomorrow. I have a feeling she is going to be one excited little girl. She is a hoot, that one, and because of that, I am confident that Ann would have plenty to blog about, if only she would start blogging. I plan to take care of that this weekend while I am at her house. Hopefully by Monday, Ann will have joined the blogging community.

Not much else is going on--the vacuum salesman showed up at our house again today because he forgot it was our house. It was slightly awkward when I answered the door, and he realized that he had already been to our house. To add to the awkwardness, I guess because he felt so close to me after spending ALL NIGHT at our house last night, he gave me a hug before shutting the door. Random. Very random. Ada HATED the vacuum. It scared her to death (sadly, she is not used to the sound of a vacuum), and I almost think she remembered this because as soon as I answered the door and she saw that it was the salesman, she buried her head in my shoulder and kept it there until he left. Add this to the awkwardness of the hug.

So, that's all for today. We're going organic, sort of, we still don't own a fancy vacuum, and Ada and I are hitting the road tomorrow for a little birthday fun.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The salesman gave you a hug?? That is hilarious and I agree, awkward.

Rachel said...

I love that you can tell me what to expect! I have heard that the first 6 weeks are completely overwhelming, and I am trying to prepare myself... please e-mail me, I would LOVE to talk to you about all of this... your advice is invaluable! My email address is rachelaolis@gmail.com... Thanks LB!!

Amy said...

I've read this book too and found it very overwhelming, but filled with good ideas. Sadly, I've never implemented any of them. I think I am going to try to make my own rice cereat- you have motivated me! David has constipation problems too. He goes every day, though when he does it is hard and like little pebbles- sad. Nothing seems to help him!

Ashley Turnbull said...

LB, I think the answer to this digestive problem is for you to start milling your own wheat! YES! The benefits of making bread at home are amazing. Ada would really benefit. Wait, do babies eat bread products? Well, I"m just throwing that out there.

PS. Can't wait to see Ann's new blog! Whohoo!

Milla said...

LB your story of the vacuum salesman makes me laugh so much. Was he selling one of those 2000 dollar vacuums you hear about? I bet he was embarrassed when you answered the door for the second time. I wish you could have taken a picture of him vacuuming your living room! ha!

On a more important note, I hope Ada starts doing better with the organic. Poor little thing! She must be miserable!