Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A few fun Ada stories and other news from the Moore household

Ada is crawling like crazy. She is finally crawling well enough that she can follow me around, into the kitchen, around the living room as I clean, and even this morning she followed me into the bathroom. There is not much privacy when you're a mom. It was so funny. I cracked the door so that I could hear her in case something happened, and in about two seconds, the door to the bathroom swung open, and there she was, grinning up at me. She's a little stinker, that's for sure.

She has been feeling so bad the past few days. Her little nose is just running and running, and snot has covered her face. Such a mess. She has been getting two baths a day for the past two days just to keep her somewhat clean. I think she was feeling sort of miserable yesterday because she didn't eat much or sleep well, and there wasn't much I could do to satisfy her. It made for a hard day for both of us. But, she seems to be doing much better today, though the nose is still flowing. She is down for a morning nap, and she has already had 1 1/2 bottles, and some yo-baby yogurt. Things are looking up. Plus...she has had LOTS of dirty diapers in the past few days. I honestly think what has helped the most is to use only two scoops of formula rather than three per every 6 oz bottle. I think she just needed more liquid. At least it seems to be working. Yea. That makes for a very happy mom. And it seems, a happy baby.

So Scott and I begin another year of marriage today. Scott is giving me a little gift everyday this week, and yesterday he gave me a new pair of capri sweat pants from Target. It makes me laugh because it is honestly the perfect gift, but a far cry from the dozen roses and book of poetry he gave me when we celebrated one year of dating. He did bring me flowers yesterday, though. Honestly, I prefer the sweat pants. It was a perfect night--me in my new sweats, a good sandwich for dinner, and Idol on tv. And that is a TRUE picture of married life. ha, ha:) Don't worry, we are actually celebrating the anniversary this weekend. My parents are coming to stay with Ada Friday night, and Scott and I are spending our first night together away from Ada--woo hoo!! We are staying at the Twelve Hotel in Atlantic Station, and just plan to spend Friday and Saturday hanging out at all our old favorites--Atlantic Station, The Virginia Highlands, and maybe even lunch at our favorite mexican restaurant on Ponce. We are going to pretend we are newlyweds once again. I think I may take the sweats with me, though:) I remember one Friday night when we were first married, living in midtown, and we were eating at a fun Italian restaurant in the Highlands--we used to spend every weekend trying out fun, new restaurants. We were sitting there by candlelight, eating a good dinner, enjoying good conversation, and I said, "You know, maybe we should wait about two years to have children and just really enjoy this first year of marriage with two incomes, living in midtown." Scott agreed. So that was our plan--two years of living in midtown, fun dates every weekend, two incomes, etc. etc. I am sure God got a good laugh out of that conversation. But hey, it's two years later, and we plan to have a very fun weekend in midtown, so it's all working out.

So that's life today. Ada is asleep--yea. I have LOTS of cleaning to do in preparation for my parents' coming. I have brand new sweat pants to wear while I clean. And I am so looking forward to a weekend away with the hubby.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well, congrats on the 2 years! It is so funny the things that end up being nice evenings as a married couple, definitely not what you'd expect! Glad Ada's feeling a little better. I know how she feels - maybe she has allergies like me because I've been miserable this week with mine. I hope y'all have a blast this weekend!

Rachel said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I have loved reading about your first 2 years of marriage, because it sounds EXACTLY like ours- moving, getting pregnant, then moving again... only ours has been squeezed into 1 year... and I am SO stressed about the money situation as well, but reading your story reminds me to have faith that God will provide. You always make me feel better!

jane said...

i love sacred marriage as well... lent my copy out never to be seen again. i need to get another!
so glad about ada! the extra liquid really did it for e!

Mrs. Cindy said...

What a joy to hear about your life with your precious baby and husband. Isn't it wonderful to be blessed by God in these ways?!
Love,
Mrs. Cindy