Saturday, April 26, 2008

Half-Marathon Update

Well, I am at again...this crazy thing called believing that I am actually going to run 13 miles in October. I am home for the weekend with all of my sisters, two of whom plan to run with me, and I decided to get off my tail and actually do this thing.

So...

I printed off an actual training program, starting with eight weeks to a 5k, then I printed off a training program for the half, and it looks like I have just enough weeks to finish the training. I'm praying for no injuries so that things can stay on schedule. My youngest sister, Kate, ran the music city half last year, and she used this training schedule, and she finished, so let's hope it works its magic on me. We'll see. I am trying to be confident. Or at least hopeful.

I marked off my first run today. My first real run, that is. My first eyes on the goal run. Almost two miles, which weren't too difficult. Take that jogging stroller away from me and running isn't so much death warmed over. I am going to do this thing. I am going to do this thing. I think if I say it enough times, over and over, my head might start believing it.

I came home from running and put a pink X over the first day of training. I can't wait to watch those pink X's fill up the chart. Each one carrying me closer to my goal. And, I predict, each one making me feel a little more like the old me, pre-baby, pre-my life turning upside down. And therefore, each one making me a better wife and mom.

1 comment:

Milla said...

Yay! Oh the pink Xs. It will be so fun to see them fill up the page! Keep us updated on the progress... I bet you do feel free without the baby jogger!