Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This and That

So, you know those five things on my to-do list? Not one single thing got done. I did feed Ada plenty of food, but she did not go to the bathroom. I never knew how much trouble a baby's digestive system could be, and it all started when I stopped nursing. Sad.

Anyway...this past Sunday night I told the wife of the couple that hosts community group all about our bathroom trouble, and she gave me this great book to read along with lots of food advice. I have now read the book and am feeling slightly overwhelmed, but I am going to at least try a few things, starting with making my own rice cereal out of whole grain organic rice. This is cheaper and much healthier than packaged baby food. I have been mixing it with pears so that Ada will actually eat it. (The pears are in fact packaged baby food, though the book suggests pureeing your own--like I said, overwhelmed). This organic brown rice is called super porridge, and it is super easy to make-ha;). You just grind up the rice in a coffee grinder, cook it on the stove, and you are ready to go. The book is called, what else, Super Baby Food, written by Ruth Yaron. Jane, if you're reading, it seems like something you would totally get into, since I think you are probably doing all of this stuff already. The only other thing I think I will do from the book is add tahini to the porridge. It is supposedly like the super food of nutrition. The word super is used A LOT in the book. So, little Ada is on a healthfood kick right now. So far, however, not helping her go to the bathroom.

Speaking of, she just woke up, so this will have to be continued...

1 comment:

jane said...

i meant to get that book... maybe i still should. i guess i felt like since e is eating all finger food and no more 'baby food' it was too late to use. let me know what you think!
btw- i have a little hand held food grinder-- not hard or overwhelming!- just turn the crank a few times.