Monday, April 28, 2008

another mile down, a million more to go

I marked off my second run today. Yea. It was such a hard run. Only a mile and a half, but my legs felt so heavy, and I am feeling slightly discouraged. If a mile and half feels like this, how am I ever going to run 13 miles. Oh well, one day at a time, right? And all I had to do today was run a mile and a half, and I did it, as hard as it may have been.

I was very tired, which may have contributed to the yuck of a run. Ada had a night last night like I haven't seen since she was first home from the hospital. She is suffering from a bad cold, and I assume that was the cause. She cried, at times hysterically, for two hours, until my mother finally rocked her until she was so sound asleep that she did not wake up when mom lay her down. I tried rocking her, but she started trying to grab my eyes, lips, etc. etc., and I was not willing to play that game. Mom was better at getting her to sit still. Honestly, I thought that because she had cried so hard and so much, that she was worn out and we were looking at her sleeping all night. I went to bed so hopeful. And so tired. No such luck. She proceeded to wake up almost every two hours for the rest of the night. Mom woke up with us at 3:30, and she stayed up with her while I went to sleep. Mom put her back down at 4:30, and then Ada woke up again at 6:15. Again, mom let me go back to sleep so that I wouldn't be so tired driving home. But nights like that wear me out both physically and emotionally, so I am a bit haggard tonight. I am hoping my next run will come after a normal night and day, and it won't be so, well, HORRIBLE.

I am happy to report that Ada is already asleep, though, and she went down without a fight, so hopefully we will all get more sleep tonight.

As for the rest of the weekend, it was so nice to be at home. There is something about walking into my childhood home that always comforts me. The smells, the sounds--so famliar. So comfortable. So safe. The birthday party was a success, but I won't say much because I am holding out hope that Ann will report all the details in her very own blog. Stay tuned to see if she actually starts one.

While home, Scott's parents came to Scottsboro for the day, and they brought Ada a precious dress. I will post pictures soon.

And that's today's update. Tomorrow, Scott and I have been married for two years. I will have more on that tomorrow. Happy Monday, everyone.

1 comment:

Milla said...

Two years! Happy happy anniversary! Congrats on your runs! Two pink Xs now! I love hearing your updates and descriptions of running because I can SOOOO relate. I remember it used to kill me to run 3 minutes!