Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A few photos and things I want to remember about Ada at 8 months

I took a few pictures while we were outside yesterday, but no matter what I did, Ada refused to look at me. Therefore, I only got profile pictures. Oh well, I think her profile is just as cute as the rest of her:) While I am blogging, I want to record a few favorite things that she is doing at 8 months, just so I'll have it on record. Her baby book continues to collect dust on the shelf, so I need to record these things somewhere.

She is sitting up so well, of course, but she won't stay sitting up because she immediately lunges forward as if to crawl. She will stay on her hands and knees and rock back and forth, but she always plops down on her stomach before she can actually move forward. She usually tries to scoot forward, but in the process of trying so hard, she flips over. Therefore, she spends a lot of time rolling all over the room. It is her preferred form of transportation right now.

She cannot sleep without her little pink blanket. We put her pacifier in her mouth, hand her the blanket, and she immediately puts it over her face and turns to her side. If she doesn't immediately do this, I know that it is going to be a battle getting her to go to sleep.

She is drinking 8 ounces at a time, and eating three "meals" of baby food a day. I only let her eat things with plenty of fiber because she has had A LOT of bathroom trouble. She tries to hold the bottle on her own, but she can't figure out how to turn it upside down to actually get milk out of it. I am starting to give her a few little pick up foods like cheerios, but most of the time they just fall out of her mouth, which, to be honest, is fairly gross.

She loves to clap, and she has learned that it is the best way to get our attention. If things are going along sort of quiet, she looks at us, gets a huge grin on her face, and starts to clap. Of course, we love it and immediately start saying, "yea, Ada." I am attempting to teach her sign language, and I am starting with the sign for more. However, every time I do it, Ada thinks I am clapping and she starts to clap, so I am not sure if she will ever learn the difference between the two.

She is a huge people person and little performer. She loves when people talk to her, and she has this way of getting strangers to talk to her. Fun story, we were in Cracker Barrell last weekend eating breakfast, and a father and his little boy who had down syndrome sat down near us. The little boy began to talk to Ada, and she absolutely loved it. He was probably about seven years old, so he totally got the concept of talking baby talk, playing peek-a-boo, etc. Well, Ada was just grinning and squealing, and the little boy looked up at his dad and said, "Dad, I love her." It was the sweetest thing. I just wanted to scoop him up and take him home with us.

So anyway...that's our little Ada, who has completely changed our lives. We can't get enough of her--though I am looking forward to my mini vacation this weekend;)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What color gray blue are you using. We definitely are thinking a like! I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

jane said...

i am so excited for you finding a preggie nieghbor! maybe you can talk her into staying home at least part time.
i act like a total moron to try and get e to look @ me while i photograph him...singing dancing animal sounds...

Rachel said...

That is the sweetest story I have ever heard! I love it! I can't tell you how many different children I interact with at the hospital I work at, and each one touches my heart.
Ada is adorable! I have been really bad about starting a baby book or even catching up on scrapbooking wedding stuff, but I am glad we have our blogs!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad Ada's hair has stayed red! I was worried that it would change. Green is her color by the way!