Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In dire need of a huge diet coke from Sonic

Ada just found an unopened box of teddy grahams, and she thought it would be fun to dump the entire thing, including every single crumb, onto the living room carpet. Then when I "scolded" her for it, she decided to respond by hitting me and telling me to "top it," (stop it). I had to think quickly in order not to lose it with her. I kept repeating to myself, "she's not even two, she's not even two." So, thinking fast, I said, "why don't we go bye-bye in the car," and then we will take this day, regroup, and turn things around. So that is where we are headed. I will be praying every step of the way because this day and that little bitty girl are both trying my patience.

p.s. my car is not the most reliable right now, so you might want to join me in praying that we don't end up stranded on the side of the road, walking ten miles just to get back home;) I think that would just top off the morning.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh LB, the joys of motherhood. My Andrew is hitting me in the face too, and telling me "NO!" on the hour, every hour. He's 2 1/2.

We'll survive, won't we?

Amy said...

OMG! My son does the exact same thing
Hits me and tells me to stop it.

So I just repeat back "No, YOU stop it"
I don't really think it does much. =P

Bethany said...

I feel your pain! I guess it's the joys of the two year old??? We started 'time out'. Now, I'm not a huge fan of this concept but I must say right now it is pretty effective with Caroline. I sit her in the laundry room on the floor where she must sit for 3 minutes. It's working now, but I have a feeling I will have to get a bit more creative in the punishment....