Thursday, May 7, 2009

Today, Ada and I were stranded at home, as we have been for most of the week. The Tribute is in the shop, and we are just praying that the cost to fix it is somewhere in the range of affordable (ha). So, by 2:00 this afternoon, when Ada was already up from her nap, and we still had two hours left until Scott got home, Ada looked at me and said, "side?" which means, of course, "mom, I am bored out of my gourd, can we please go outside and do something?" So for the sake of our sanity, out we went, despite the soggy ground, and things quickly picked up. First of all, Ada got to go to the empty lot next door to pick up our runaway ball, a lot which is normally off limits. I decided to throw caution to the wind today and let her get it. Why not?
Then an airplane flew overhead. If that doesn't give you a thrill, then I am not sure what will. Next we spent some time gazing and dreaming about a day when this pool might actually be finished. It was promised to us last summer. I am not counting on this summer. Ada and I like to go to the top of the hill behind our house and stare down at it, just to imagine what it might be like.
Then, I think we spotted a bird. Yes, it's true.
We stopped by the slide for a bit.
And then Ada and I said, "Pool? Who needs a pool? We have something much better."
The excitement was high. And if you get thirsty? No problem.
Finally, we packed it up and headed inside for a bath. And when Scott still wasn't home, we both knew the only solution was a dance party just for Ada, Ribbit, Elmo, and me. And dance we did.
We danced so hard, that Ada decided Elmo needed to go, "night, night." He was worn out, folks.
How was your day?

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

So cute! I love seeing y'all's day mapped out!

Jessica said...

so funny...we had one (actually we've had many)of those days the other day and yes, the water hose came out, picnic on the den floor while watching Ice Age...you do whatcha gotta do to spice things up a bit. Looks like ya'll had fun!

Amanda said...

Ok I LOVE the sprinkler pictures. Especially the one with her hands in the air! So cute! Glad you got outside. It was nice here too. But looks like this weather is about to come back. Boo.

Elizabeth said...

I emailed you before I went to your blog. Love the post! Surely you meant to say Melmo - instead of Elmo - honest mistake. :-)

The post answered my email question about how and what is Ada doing. So cute!!!!!

We had pretty weather yesterday, but rain is moving in again. ugh.

Elizabeth said...

One more thing. Why weren't doggie and cow invited to the dance? Are they on outs with Ada?

Near.

LB said...

yes, of course I meant Melmo. And Melmo and Ribbitt have longer, flimsier arms, so they make better dancing partners. Sometimes we make a little circle, and Elmo and Ribbit are easier to hang on to:)

Unknown said...

i miss that girl! i want to see her! i have not heard? will ya'll be in scottsboro for mother's day? i doubt it since there has been so much travel lately. but i would love to run by mcdonough at some point this summer! it's been too long.

Mary Ann said...

Keep those pictures coming. These are too wonderful. Ada's little legs and feet in those clogs are so adorable.

Ashley said...

First of all Ada is just so adorable! I love the pics. Second, those are the days that I love being a stay-at-home mom. Those fun days with your little girl that you will always remember and that no day-care could come close to replacing. These days make the days of screaming and fussyness bearable. :) Thanks for sharing and for the reminder.

Unknown said...

That is so cute and so funny! LOLLOL Ada is so cute! Is her hair that curly by itself or did you curl it? Her hair is starting to look sort of blonde..or is it just me? LOL :) I love the plane and bird pictures! LOL
Hollen