Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another Week

We're here doing the same 'ole, same 'ole. Ada is up to no good, my house is a disaster, and I am dying for a really long nap. But things are good:)

Yesterday I had big plans to stay at home all day and clean, clean, clean as much as I could with a two year old constantly at my heels. Well, around 9:15ish, I hear Ada complaining that something is on her hands. I go to survey the situation, and I find every inch of her covered in Desitin, including her hair (again, I don't know where the Desitin came from), and yet, she complained only of her dirty hands. So, I decided then and there that we needed to get out of the house or it was going to be a long day. I grabbed her, gave her a quick bath, which thoroughly confused her, as she began to ask if it was "night-night" time at 9:30 in the morning. I explained that it was not; we just had to get all of that Desitin off. She thought it was a fun change to the schedule to find herself playing in the bath tub on a Tuesday morning.
I decided to take a shower myself, and take us both to story time at the library. Here are a few pictures from the morning, after Ada was cleaned up, that is.

After her bath, I dried Ada's her for maybe the second time in her entire life. She hated it and cried the whole time, but we got it done. And afterwards, I couldn't believe how long her hair looked. Here is the evidence.
As for other happenings, Monday went on as usual. Ada fussing a bit about having to share toys but hating to see Hannah and Grant go when it was time. At the end of the day, a neighbor also stopped by with her two children, so it was a bit of a party at our house. Here are a few pics from that day (minus the neighborhood children).

As for other news--today marks twenty weeks of pregnancy. Half way there!! Give or take a week or two. The baby is moving more and more, and I love it. And next Tuesday we are scheduled to find out if it's a boy or a girl. Ada will tell you it's a brother and a girl, so we are all really confused about the gender;) Along with the baby, I continue to grow, but I am trying not to fret over it. I am doing what I can, not gaining tons and tons of weight (though I feel quite gigantic), and just knowing that one day the baby will be here and I can worry about losing the weight then. It's a bit of a battle I have to fight everyday, not to get so caught up in worrying about how I look and instead knowing that my body is doing what it needs to do to take care of this growing baby.

Now, I really am off to clean the house. We are traveling home this weekend for my ten year high school reunion (wow, can't believe it) and to see both sides of the family. We are leaving tomorrow night when I am done tutoring and crossing our fingers that Ada will sleep in the car. All of that to say that I hate to leave the house in a mess, so today's goal is to get it straight.

As always, thanks for reading!

p.s. Amanda asked if I am growing my hair out on purpose. And Amanda, you are sweet to say my hair looked cute in that picture. I actually thought it looked quite terrible, and the answer is that I am not growing it out on purpose. In fact, I can't believe that I am going to my ten year reunion without a hair cut, but I just haven't gotten around to getting it cut, and now I am growing it out in order to get a longer cut--if that makes sense. Anyway, there is a hair explanation for anyone interested.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ada's hairr is the prettiest color! And I think that kelly green is her color!

Mary Ann said...

Love the pictures!!!! Ada's hair is gorgeous. That's so funny that she keeps getting into the Desitin. I know it's not funny to you.

I, too, thought your hair looked good in the "Elmo" blog.

Have fun this weekend. Be careful driving to S'boro.