Saturday, September 12, 2009

Random Saturday Update

I haven't blogged in a few days because there really hasn't been much to say.


Ada woke up from her nap on Wednesday with a 101 degree fever, so we have stayed close to home all week, and it has been rather uneventful. Nothing ever came of the fever, so I am wondering if her molars are trying to come in. We'll see. She has been rather fussy.



The fever did make me a bit paranoid, though. With the flu and the swine flu and my pregnancy, I am a bit hyper sensitive to sickness these days and normally I am rather laid back when it comes to germs and things. However, Wednesday night when we put her to bed and her fever was still 101, I had to stop myself from going in to check on her every few minutes. At one point I even considered sleeping on the floor in her room, and then I began to reason with myself. She wasn't even acting sick. The only symptom of anything was her fever, and my mom mentioned that 101 isn't even that high for a child. So, that's what we have done all week.


As a result, we are both climbing the walls a bit, so Scott took Ada to the park this morning to let her run around, and I headed to Target to get a little alone time. This leads me to my next update.


Liz Lange shirts on clearance for 3.24!!!!!!!


I have been searching for some solid color t-shirts that can be dressed up or down. I needed something versatile that would work for both a tutoring job and a trip to the grocery store. I thought a couple solid color t-shirts would be just the thing. Think about it, a black shirt paired with jewelry and the right shoes can look rather dressy, but I can also put it with jeans and flip flops for everyday. You get the picture, right?


Well, Motherhood was charging 25.00 for a solid color T, and you can imagine the prices at Gap. I decided to head to Target today, just to see what I would find. And what do you know--3.24 on the clearance rack. I grabbed three. A black one, a white one, and a gray printed one. They are nice and long and stretchy, so I am hoping they will carry me through until the end when things get rather gigantic. And they are a nice crew neck. V-necks and scoop necks can be rather problematic in pregnancy, if you know what I mean;)


Yea for the Target clearance rack. It always come through for me!!


And finally, completely off the subject, but on my mind these days--Harry Potter.


Harry Potter has actually been really good for my marriage because Scott and I have been able to watch the movies together. We normally can't agree on a movie for the life of us, so we have had something fun to do together for the past few weekends.


Last night we watched the fourth movie. That is the last book I read because my tutoring student doesn't have the fifth one. I am thinking an Amazon order is going to have to happen.


Anyway, the movies are starting to drive me a bit nuts. They are so vastly different from the books, and I sit and fidget and get annoyed every time something is left out or changed. Scott says they are two different mediums and that I should view the movie as a completely separate thing from the book. Really? Is that possible? So, though I enjoy watching the movies, the differences are driving me crazy. Do any other Harry Potter fans have this problem? Advice for letting it go so that I can enjoy watching the movies without growing more and more irritated?


Also, they are definitely giving me nightmares. Last night I slept terribly as I dreamed all sorts of strange, Harry inspired dreams. Yikes. I am not sure of a solution to that problem.


So there's an update. That is what is happening in our world. Ada is now down for a nap, and we are about to settle in for an afternoon of football watching and house cleaning, though I am not sure how the two are going to work together. We'll see.


Happy Saturday!!

4 comments:

Adam Fites said...

I agree with Scott - you'll enjoy both books and movies better if you accept each as telling the story within the constraints of its own medium. Sure, there are annoying things that should have been in any of the given movies, but the filmmakers have overall done a great job at bringing such a wonderous world to life.

Also, we've got books 5-7. Want us to bring them tomorrow? Give one of us a call.

Anonymous said...

Well, as an absolute die hard Harry Potter fan, it always calms my nerves when I think that the producers of the films really let Rowling be a part of the film making. I've read that they asked for her blessing for an extra scene in movie six, and also for the part in movie three where Lupin is talking about Harry having his mother's eyes (not in book.) And she's friendly with the three main actors. So even though the books get butchered on the big screen, I think your husband is right, you should let it go. Movies have to appeal to people who are too lazy to read. Just be grateful that you're a reader- I know I am! Think of all the things we'd miss out on...anyway. Kinda long, but I love your blog, and I wasn't kidding- DIE HARD HARRY POTTER FAN! I can't wait till you read book six, it's my absolute favorite. I just read it for the fifth time!

julie said...

i'm 100% the same way about the movies, they drive me crazy. i esp disliked HP3 movie because of that. however, it is fun to see some of the scenes you enjoy come to life on the big screen. i'm glad you are enjoying harry potter!

Deanna said...

I was going to offer to send you the rest of the books, if I can find them, but I see that's been taken care of. : )

For me, it was a little easier to enjoy the movies without comparing so much because there was a fairly large span of time between reading the first books and when the movies started coming out. I'm sure it would bother me if I did it back-to-back too. I gave in to the Twilight series and was disappointed in the movie compared to the books.