Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our little personal trainer

Because I have a feeling there are a few people out there who are dying to see some new pictures (yes, family, I am talking to you), here are some shots from an evening spent at a local park.

In this first picture, Ada was glaring at the children who were in the swings that she normally plays in. You know the kind--that are more for babies? Anyway, she loves those things, and on this particular night the swings were occupied. Ada could not understand why the world didn't stop for her.

At this particular playground there is a mile long walking trail. Ada and I have had walked the trail several times with her in the stroller. Well, one night, after playing for a while with Scott while I jogged the trail, Ada decided she wanted to walk the trail--no stroller for her. Ever since then, we can not leave the playground without her walking (and running!!!) this mile long trail. In fact, often times, Scott and I are not going fast enough for her. She turns around and shouts, "run, mom, run!!!" I am worn out by the time she is done with me!!And, finally, I want to issue a thank you to a blog reader, Stephanie, who very, very generously sent us a box of fall clothes for Ada. Her daughter had outgrown them, and she thought Ada might be able to use them. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The box was much appreciated. I wanted to send you an e-mail or thank you note, but in my typical scatter brained "ness," I have misplaced all ways to contact you. I so hope you happen to read this blog post, and please know how thankful we are!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Oh, L.B., that precious girl!!!! Thanks so much for the pictures. Love her hair in a ponytail, or however you fixed it in these pictures. So funny that she's got y'all walking (and running) on that trail at the park.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you got the clothes. I know there were lots of seperate pieces, but hopefully, you found some items you can use. The sizes varied, but some were big on my daughter.

Ada is adorable in the pictures!

Amanda said...

Oh that first picture is hilarious. She is staring them DOWN! I want to see her again. She is getting so big and she looks like a little girl now not just a baby!