Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Kitchen

Finally, Ada has her kitchen. I know that mom is dying to see these pictures, so here they are.

It was quite a disappointing meeting between Ada and her kitchen. Once the kitchen was out of the box, we realized that it was not the one we thought it was, but it is instead, the exact same one as Ada's friend Ruth (Tutti's daughter). Ada is very familiar with Ruth's kitchen, so when she saw the kitchen, Ada began to open the cabinet doors and she was confused when all of Ruth's accessories weren't included in the kitchen. She immediately began to ask me about some specific thing, which I couldn't quite understand. I ran upstairs to get Ada's kitchen accessories, and then she began to play. Oh parenthood. We work so hard to do exciting things for our children, and then they act ungrateful. This is my official apology, mom and dad, for all the times I reacted ungratefully to the millions of things you did for me.

Anyway, without further ado, Ada and her kitchen.

a few notes.

As you can see, we were fresh out of bed. We do mismatched pajamas around here. After bath, we find a clean pair of pj pants, a shirt that will be comfy enough, and we call it pajamas. It saves time:) And, you get to see Ada's hair in all its morning glory.

Second note, we do not plan to permanently keep Ada's kitchen in the foyer. I am assuming that Scott didn't feel like moving it elsewhere when he finally finished putting it together. (I was already upstairs asleep, so I just found it there this morning).

3 comments:

Ann said...

oh how funny about the kitchen and how we work so hard to get it right!

Know what's even funnier? I have been looking for those pajama bottoms for so long!! I have the top and you can have it-except it says "Tough Guy" over a big gorilla!!! hahahaha

Elizabeth said...

Soooo Cute. I loved all of that and the account of the whole thing. So funny.

Mom/Near

Mary Ann said...

Adorable pictures!!!!!!!!!