Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oh the weather...and other ways this day is great

No news yet...just in case you were wondering. We find out at 2:00 today, and I think the beautiful weather outside is a good sign. I said it means that this baby is going to be an easy one. Scott said it means this baby is going to be a boy. Obviously, we are joking. But I will say that I like pregnancy in the fall much, much, much better than pregnancy in the summer.

I just want to dance around outside in the sunshine and the wind, don't you? It also makes me want to head straight to a pumpkin patch and pick out some nice, round, orange pumpkins for my front porch. Maybe we will add that to Saturday's schedule.

Do you want to know other reasons this day is great?

Well, a few weeks ago, back in August, Scott and I were driving home from church, and he was putting on his seat belt after pulling out onto the road. A policeman was also pulling out onto the road, and he spotted Scott in action. Sure enough, we were quickly pulled over. Once pulled over for the seat belt violation, Scott was also ticketed for an expired license and tag. (Note: they were expired by about a week, and Scott had already taken off the following Friday to take care of these things). Still, we drove away with three tickets. I thought we were both going to cry. Mainly because Scott had already been ticketed for the license and tag in the county where he works only two days before. We were talking around 700.00 worth of tickets. Not really in the budget for August (on top of the root canal).

So...Scott did have to pay the first set of tickets, but this morning he showed up for his court date and pleaded "not guilty" to the license and tag tickets. (Are you following me?) And the judge had mercy on him. He walked away paying only 15.00 for the seat belt violation, and we are overjoyed. We were fairly certain he would be paying over 300.00, so you can imagine the relief that came when he only paid 15.00. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord.

Now, I must get ready to go find out--will a girl or a boy be joining us? Who knows?

And while Scott and I are making the trek across town, Ada will be at Hannah and Grant's house, where I am praying she will take a nap. I am crossing my fingers (and seriously praying). Usually she spends the morning at the Harman's house, and I pick her up before her nap. Not today. We'll see what happens.

I'll be back later today, of course. Until then...

6 comments:

Scott said...

Close...I didn't have to plee anything. They saw that I took care of everything the next week and just threw them out. It was very polite of them.

Sarah Garner said...

So excited to hear boy or girl!! Yes I would give Ada a flu shot. Especially with you pregnant!

Amanda said...

can't wait to find out what Deuce will be...boy or girl :)

Hollen said...

Oooh, I can't wait to find out what it is! And oh no about the tickets! But that is GREAT that he only had to pay $15.00!! Wow!

Laura Forman said...

ok, so you MUST know what the newest Moore is going to be...I am dying to know! :) Post when you can!!

Suehaad said...

My first ticket was a seat belt violation. I was fresh back in the country after living in Russia for a year (and not driving or wearing seat belts). I had $200 to my name and even though I was not speeding, it was obvious my license was new, and I had never had a ticket or warning, the officer ticketed me anyways...$80. I didn't get off, but I'm so glad that Scott did. That's brutal.