Saturday, September 5, 2009

Let the Games Begin

well, like most of the south, football is on the brain.

I actually had to drive through Auburn today on my way back to Atlanta from Greenville, AL. I drove the four hours to Greenville yesterday evening to spend the night with four of my college roommates. One roommate is getting married in October, and that, of course, calls for celebration. Celebrate we did, as we stayed up until 4 AM!!!!!!!!!! talking about everything under the sun. Oh my word. Am I a crazy woman?

Four hours later, I woke up for the day. At 17 weeks pregnant, four hours is not cutting it. I can barely hold my eyes open.

But

I want to watch the Auburn game. (Thank you ESPN 360!) I want to watch the Alabama game. I want to some how join in the camaraderie of the first football Saturday.

Scott got super lucky and scored a free ticket to the Alabama game from a friend from church, so I am here alone. I am happy that he gets to go, but I can't help but hope that Virginia Tech walks away with the victory. He knows my heart on that issue;)

And, as I mentioned, I made a quick pit stop in Auburn on my way home today. I couldn't help but feel left out as I saw the sea of orange that was College Street. I quickly ran into Zaxby's to grab some lunch, not foolish enough to try to venture further into Auburn than that, and even that small glimpse made me long for my college days. Will I ever stop wishing that college had never ended?

So, now I must turn my attention to the game.

War Eagle, ya'll!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hope you girls had fun. I agree...will we ever stop wishing for college?