Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sesame Street Live

Thanks to our kind and generous friend, Julie, Scott, Ada, and I are headed to Phillips Arena Friday night to see Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Green Thumb. Scott and I are giddy with excitement. (Okay, he probably would not want to be called giddy, but he is excited.) Thank you, thank you, thank you, Julie!!!!!! We have known Julie since we first moved to Atlanta. She and Scott worked together at Blue Linx, Scott's first Atlanta job. She now works somewhere different, and she actually won the tickets at work. Julie doesn't have any children, so she offered the tickets to us, and, of course, we accepted.

If you look in the picture above, you can see the tickets. We tried to get Ada to hold them, but she didn't understand. The show starts at 7:00 on Friday night, so I plan to put Ada down for her nap as late as possible on Friday, and I also plan to pack plenty of snacks in my purse to keep her awake. Plus, I am guessing that Elmo on stage, along with all of her other favorite characters, will help to keep her awake--I think she will be in awe. Phillips Arena full of toddlers, I can't even imagine what this is going to be like. The tickets even included a parking pass, so the whole event is completely free to us. We really are so grateful, Julie!! Thank you.


Of course, I will give a full report after the event.


Stay tuned, Ada and I have had quite the week, and it's only Wednesday. She has been one mischievous little stinker all week long, and I have many stories to tell.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun! We took our daughter to see The Wiggles live awhile ago, and it was sad that I was more excited than she was. It was a blast and once in a life time experience. To see her eyes with the excitment when she saw them in person was priceless! Check into taking your camera, they let us take pictures at the Wiggles. Enjoy!

Mary Ann said...

I was going to tell you to please give a report after you guys see the Sesame Street show, and then you wrote that, of course, you would give a full report. How kind of your friend, Julie, to give y'all the tickets and parking pass.

I'm loving all the adorable pictures of Ada (and her friends). Thank you always for posting pictures of her.

julie said...

hope y'all have fun!! i think y'all are in a box so hopefully ada won't mind that.