Saturday, March 21, 2009

Botched Grocery Trip

That grocery trip did not go as planned. I made some serious rookie mistakes, and I am no rookie when it comes to couponing.

Here are my totals

Publix=32.13 oop
35.17 saved

Kroger=49.98 oop
53.91 saved

and at the Farmer's Market, I spent 7.82

So grand total=89.93
But I bought 179.00 worth of groceries.

Still, I wanted to stay below 40. Oops. It's okay. I have had tutoring hours in abundance, so we will work out the money spent over budget, but we hoped that we might reach the end of this month and actually have extra money. I have to really buckle down with the couponing, get organized, and stick to budget.

Here is where I messed up. I bought lipton organic green tea, thinking it was B1G1. It was not. So, I spent about 6.00 on that, when I planned to spend around 2.00 after sale and coupons. I forgot to take my sargento cheese coupons, and I forgot to use a 2.00 snuggle fabric softener coupon. What was I thinking, really?

I did get 2 packs of Huggies for less than 4.00 each after sales, paper coupons, and e-coupons, so that was the highlight of the trip. Anyway, I do plan to get it together and get the grocery budget back on track.

3 comments:

Suehaad said...

maybe take back the lipton og green tea and the fabric softener and do it the original way that you had planned. did you use your $5 off $25 rite-aid coupons?

Elizabeth said...

I think it's the trip home that has thrown you off - :-)

Making you forget what you know.

It used to happen to me.

Love, MOM

LB said...

Tutti, I did not use a 5/25 coupon. That explains why my Publix trip seemed higher than usual.

And mom, I agree. The trip home has thrown me off. I am getting back on track this week. I am going to try to skip the grocery store all together next week.