Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Loving E-Bay

Are ya'll e-bayers?

I have an on again, off again relationship with E-bay, and right now we are on. I am on the look out for cute, inexpensive Spring/Summer clothes for Ada. Luckily, I have been given many hand-me-downs, so I just need a few fillers, and her wardrobe will be complete. I am a true Southern Girl, so I have a weakness for all things smocked, as well as big bows and applique. You know what I mean, right? Now, it's no secret that Scott and I are on a limited budget--a price we pay for me to stay at home with Ada. I don't want to sacrifice cuteness, though;) Here is where E-bay comes in. Just this week, I bid on, and won, an adorable Kelly's Kids summer outfit for 10.00 including shipping. I typically don't win anything on E-bay because I keep my price so low. I am not willing to pay more than I would pay at Target or Old Navy or a Consignment Sale, but sometimes I get lucky, and I am the winner. And the bonus is that I get a package in the mail, which makes it all the more great.

Well it hit me yesterday that I should be looking on E-bay for hair bows. Recently I bought Ada a new white bow, and it costs me a pretty penny. Six dollars is not much in the big scheme of things, but it adds up quickly if I want more than one bow, right? Well, here is the most exciting news of all. Yesterday I bid on and won 10 custom made bows for 10.00. That's right, I have 10 bows coming to me, and I am only paying 10.00 including shipping. Plus, I get to pick my colors. Scott didn't get quite as excited as I hoped that he would, but I don't think he understood what an amazing deal it was. I kept repeating to him, "10 bows for 10.00!!!" and he would stare at me blankly. I thought, that's okay, I'll just blog about it:)

2 comments:

The Hams said...

LB,
I am so with you about E-Bay!! I am on and off with it like you are and last week, I decided to start looking for a few smocked/ appliqued jon jons for Luke. (I want to get him a few things before the twins arrive in 3 weeks!) I have gotten 6 or 7 outfits so far at about $15 each- not as good as your deal- but I still felt fairly good for what I bought! I know that once the babies get here I will really be watching E-Bay for the kids stuff- outfitting 3 in smocked clothes and bows will cost me if I'm not thrifty! Enjoy your bows- that's a great deal!!!

Ann said...

Come on, Scott! Get fired up for bows. I sent you an e-mail with the link to our beach house and a recipe I thought you might like. Also, remind me to tell you something about Ellie next time I talk to you!!