Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome, First Day of Spring!!!

Let's all shout hallelujah that winter has passed and spring has come. Really. I have been craving sunshine for months now. Bring. it. on.

How did Ada and I celebrate? We loaded up the car and headed to Walgreens for some claritin. Claritin and I will be BFFs for the next couple of months. Pollen will not hold me hostage inside my house. I will medicine up and face the sunshine with gusto.

I put a bright pink outfit on Ada, watermelons and all. I placed a big white bow in her hair and pink crocs on her feet. We greet this season with open arms and a foggy head from all the medication. But that is okay. A foggy head does not prevent my face from feeling the sunshine beating down.

p.s. I also celebrated the first day of spring with a 1/2 lb lost. Thank you, Tae Bo. Thank you fresco menu at Taco Bell. Thank you jeans that are way too tight reminding me that I have let the pounds gather over the last few months, and it is way past time to nip it in the bud. I'll keep you posted. For now, Billy Blanks and I have a kickboxing date.

No comments: