Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Swagbucks

I am back to talk a bit more about Swagbucks, my new favorite way to earn "freebies." You can go here to sign up for Swagbucks. I found out about this from my friend Jessica, who is attempting to pay for her son's first birthday present with amazon gift cards earned through swagbucks. I loved that idea, and now I am trying to earn enough Swagbucks for Ada's second birthday present. I have my eye on a very cute, wooden kitchen that would look great in her "big girl" room that she will most likely be moving into this summer. The kitchen is 90.00, and I have 10.00 in giftcards so far, but I am well on my way to another 5.00 gift card. I also signed Scott up for Swagbucks, so that he can start earning points as well. I think we might just make it happen. And if I don't end up getting enough for the kitchen, I will get a huge discount; I am already down to 80.00 for a wooden kitchen, which is a phenomenal price!

Here is how it works. I signed up for Swagbucks, downloaded the tool bar, made Swagbucks my homepage, and now anytime I do an internet search, I use Swagbucks rather than google or yahoo or any other site. Then, as you search, you will randomly "win" a point or two points or sometimes even ten points at a time. I always win at least one point a day, but I usually earn more than that. Then, as your points add up, you can trade them in for prizes. For example, it "costs" 45 swagbucks to get a 5.00 Amazon gift card. There are other ways to win, such as referring friends, or buying things online through their website, but the main way that you win is just by doing internet searches that you would be doing anyway. It really is a fabulous tool, and I love that it is yet another way that I can save our family money.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!