Monday, March 2, 2009

The week's menu plan

As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to simplify my meal planning by using a basic template each week. Here is what that will look like

Friday--something fun for dinner, most likely fast food with coupons I have found online that week
Saturday--pizza of some sort, homemade, frozen, or delivery based on the week's budget
Sunday Lunch--brunch
Monday Night--pasta
Tuesday Night--soup
Wednesday Night--new recipe
Thursday Night--crock pot

So...I am hoping that will make it easier to plan each week and to stockpile. We'll see. I am fairly flexible with my menu once the groceries are bought. I know what is planned for the week, and I often change it around based on what I am in the mood for that day.

Here is this week's menu, not really using the new template because I came up with it after I grocery shopped.

Friday Night--Taco Bell (coupons)
Saturday Night--Arby's (leftover money from Plato's Closet, and I didn't feel like cooking)
Sunday Lunch--Frozen meal from the freezer
Monday night--Spaghetti, bread, veggie from freezer
Tuesday night--black beans, rice, and sausage
Wednesday night--Chicken Parmesan, veggie from freezer
Thursday Night--black bean quesadillas

Lunch--sandwiches, chips, grapes, and leftovers
Breakfast--south beach bars, yogurt, toast, eggs

And if you need more menu ideas, check out organizing junkie.

No comments: