Sunday, July 12, 2009

Attempting to coupon again

It has been weeks since I've looked at a coupon. Since I've even attempted to plan a meal. Since I have saved any money at all. Instead, our budget has suffered through first trimester with me, and we are starting to feel the effects. It's bad, ya'll.

Scott has been gracious to me as I have been oh so sick (for good reason, since it equals a healthy baby growing away), and luckily some tutoring money is still coming in to compensate. We would prefer, however, for that extra money to be going towards the debt snowball, so I am trying to plan some meals this week based on sales and coupons. I feel like a newbie.

Here is my plan

spaghetti, pork chops and rice in the crockpot, Stouffer's lasagna, frozen pizza, and another stouffer's frozen meal, and I am going to buy some baked potatoes to fall back on.

I am also planning on buying two rotisserie chickens from Publix because they are on sale and I have a coupon. I think I will take that chicken off the bone and freeze it to use later in casseroles. That way I don't have to deal with the raw meat. Too much for me to stomach right now, you know?

Okay, lunches will be roast beef sandwiches (it's what I have craved lately), peanut butter and banana sandwiches (another craving), and good old pb & J. I am also purchasing blueberries and watermelon for a "side dish" at lunch. Ada will most likely eat leftovers from dinner because I am always trying to get a significant meal in her. She's not a big eater, hence her tiny size.

I am going to buy a few snack items to use as fillers throughout the day when the nausea hits--packaged peanut butter and crackers and cereal bars of some sort.

On Ada's menu are eggs for breakfast and Activia yogurt. The blueberries are also for her, and we will have whole grain bread with lunch. We have to keep things moving;)

I am sure that ya'll are not interested in my grocery list, but it helps me to plan the grocery trip, so thanks for letting me share it with the world. Now I am off to match coupons. Happy saving, everyone!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

LB- Yes, I am interested in your grocery list... every since your coupon lesson at the beach I've been giving it a try. I'm off to buy 2 packs of diapers for $2 each today!! WooHoo! Thanks so much!

The Murphrees said...

It is so hard to coupon when you are sick and tired. I started trying to coupon during my first trimester...huge mistake. It just made me stressed. I am still working on figuring out the process but if you are struggling to coupon during this time at Publix I would recommend Walmart if you have one nearby. The produce is not nearly as good but at least I dont feel like a complete failure when I go to the store. Good luck!