Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Headed to CVS

Well, I am going to CVS today, still trying to get back into the swing of things. I do feel remnants of normalcy returning to my life, and I am thankful. I think that I will look back on this summer, and it will be a fog in my mind because I have spent most of it just "getting by."

But with phenigran in my system and many first trimester weeks behind me, I am attempting to get our budget back on track.

Last week I spent 30.00 out of pocket at CVS to give myself a jump start, and as a result I have 12.00 in ECBs to spend.

Here is my plan

Lots of school supplies because our church collects school supplies in the fall for local children

2 notebooks @ .99 each
3 packs of pens @ .99 each
2 pairs of scissors @ 2.99 each
2 things of glue @ .99 each

12.91 total
-12.00 ECBs
=.91 oop (plus tax)

I will get back 12.00 in ECBs

then I am going to buy

1 Gillette Fusion Razor @ 7.99-3.00 coupon=4.99
1 bottle of Gain detergent @ 6.00
4 boxes of Electrasol Power dishwashing tabs @ 3.99 -4 2.50 coupons=1.49 each

total=16.95
-12.00 ECBs
=4.95 OOP

and I should walk away with 6.00 in ECBs from the Gain and the razor.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I have totally fallen off the coupon bandwagon lately too...I can even think about buying food sometimes or it makes me nauseous!


I do have a question for you...

A friend of mine just got laid off from her job, she has a masters in early childhood, and is staying at home with her 12 month old. I mentioned that she could do online tutoring, do you have a website or phone number I could pass on to her? Thanks!