Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Purely for the Grandmothers

I was sitting down to e-mail my mother what I am about to blog, and then I thought I would blog in case other family members were interested. Everyone else, trust me, you will not be interested.

I am so happy tonight because Ada has eaten so well today. Because she is so little and she has trouble going to the bathroom, I am always thinking about what she eats. I am excited if she eats one full meal a day.

Bless her heart, she starts the day with a mixture of apple juice and prune juice. Then she had Activia yogurt and peanut butter toast (whole grain and natural peanut butter) for breakfast. She didn't eat a great lunch, but when she woke up from her nap, she ate tons and tons of blueberries. She only stopped eating them because I thought her tummy might hurt if she ate even more. Then she ate lots of chicken casserole for dinner and lots of broccoli. She loved the broccoli. I couldn't believe it. She scarfed it down and asked for more. And Scott said that later she ate an apple.

And while I was at VBS (more on that later), she had a dirty diaper--woo-hoo!!! I was so excited to get that news when I got home.

What really made feel good, though, was that I put her on the scale, and she weighs 23 lbs. I feel like that is more of a normal weight. I was afraid that she was still only weighing 20 lbs, but 23 is fairly good, I think.

Anyway, there is a quick update on Ada's digestive system. Regularly scheduled blogging will resume tomorrow.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

YAY!!!! That is great news. I loved reading that post. VBS, huh? :-)

Near

Amanda said...

Yay for the dirty diaper! I know that has been a concern since she was born. And yay for the weight gain. Wish I could say "yay" when I gain weight :)

Jessica said...

She's about to catch up with Hannah! Hannah weighs in at a whopping 25 pounds on a good day! :) Hannah loves broccoli too!

Jenny said...

Yay for small kids...Andrew is just about 26 pounds, and he's 2 1/2...it's better than the alternative!