Friday, July 24, 2009

This and That

I took lots of pictures last night and today of Ada playing around the house. She is very into "pretend" these days, and I tried to catch that on film. But, alas, when I attempted to download the pictures, the camera battery was declared dead, so I will share the pictures with you later. For now, here are a couple that I took the other day.

Please remember that we are still dreaming of a fabulous camera that takes wonderful photographs, until then, we are using one that friends generously loaned to us. In other words, my pictures just don't turn out too great.

In the picture above, Ada is showing you her new table and chairs from Ikea. She gets to sit there at breakfast and lunch, but she still sits at the regular table for dinner. That same morning I kept asking Ada to take her paci out, so that you could see her face. She did, but with much reluctance. She was not happy about it.And below is a picture of the growing belly. Please excuse how beautiful I look. This was taken after a week spent keeping the nursery during VBS. You can imagine how energized I was feeling;). I planned to not post the picture, just because of how lovely I look in it, but the size of my stomach is rather astonishing to me, so I thought I might share. My friends at church, who are moms to more than one, assure me that you show earlier with the second. I suppose that's true, but really, 9 weeks pregnant? And the belly just keeps on growing.

Other news around here? Hmmmm....

Ada has been sleeping in until 7:30 or even 8:00 some mornings. Compared to her usual 5:30 or 6:00, I am celebrating. It feels so luxurious to roll out of bed at 8 in the morning. I am so thankful. It means that her naps are later and bed time is later, but I will take it.

Her later nap time is giving us more freedom to plan activities during the day. Yesterday we hung out with a dear friend who is back in the US for a short period after doing missions overseas. She is headed back in a few weeks, so I wanted to take advantage of her being nearby. We met for lunch at Atlantic Station, and we didn't get back home until 2:30. That used to be when Ada woke up from her nap.

Then today, we spent a majority of the morning at a local consignment sale. I went hoping to find some cute fall clothes for Ada, but I think it was just too picked through. I didn't buy one article of clothing, but I did pick up a bumbo seat for 5.00!!!! I was thrilled. I am going to give it to Ann's baby Andrew until we have a need for it. With Ada, I borrowed one from a friend, so I am glad to have one of my own. I also bought a copy of A Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and The Essential Guide to Breastfeeding. Both books were only 1.00!! So, I was happy with my purchases. I do hope to have more success in the clothing department at later sales though. I have been searching e-bay for some good buys on fall clothes for Ada, but so far I have had no luck. I have searched for Kelly's Kids and Bailey Boys items, which are all going for way more than I am willing to pay. Any advice on other brands to search for? That gives you an idea of what I am looking for. In particular I would love some fall and Christmas themed stuff. I want a cute smocked outfit for Thanksgiving if possible.

So, that's it with us. Not much to report. I continue to feel better with the occasional sickness thrown in here and there, but things are so much better than they were just a couple of weeks ago. Praise the Lord.

Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Your belly is SO stinkin' cute!

Ashley Turnbull said...

You look great! And, the first photo is not bad at all! LB, get that girl outside and/or in front of a window. Anytime you take pics indoors, turn the flash OFF and get in front of some natural light. It makes all the difference. I hate flashes! Do you have ANY editing software? There are lots of free things out there...once you take the pics, there are a few tricks you can do to fix stuff. I'll see what I can find you online.

Bethany said...

LB, your picture just cracks me up! I almost spit out my drink when I saw it! Sorry! Here's a thought...I saw on a blog I used to follow and thought I would do this one day if I were ever pregnant (obviously long ago!!), but the person took her picture every Monday with a piece of fruit or vegetable that was the approximate size of her baby. For instance, a green bean, a kiwi, apple, etc... I thought it was pretty cool!

Great find on the Bumpo seat and books. I think the secret to consignment sales around here is to get there when the doors either first open to the public or volunteer/consign so you can get in early. I should look through Caroline's clothes from last year and see what sizes I have. I have a TON with tags still on them! Let me know what size you are looking for.

rhodes1 said...

Your post reminds me that I didn't tell Ann to call you. Sorry :(

Just out of curiosity, when you came back from the beach raving over one of your friends cameras, do you know what kind it was? And so funny about Ada not liking my music! I'll have to look into that Elmo stuff.

joy said...

what belly? hey i read the post about thanking God for so much..yesterday, Brennan had me stop eating and pray 5 times during lunch! it was precious..aren't those moments sweet?