Friday, July 31, 2009

Near's House

This is what we have been doing over the last two days--Playing with our old "My Little Ponies"
Stickers. Stickers are always a hit in Ada's world.

Taking so many pictures that Ada has learned to clothes her eyes tight when the camera comes out.

Coloring pictures of Elmo in preparation for the 2nd birthday party.
Riding my mother's old rocking horse.
Cooking meals on the toy stove. Little does Ada know that soon she will have a wooden kitchen of her very own.Playing with the original Little People toys. They don't make them like they did when I was a child.
And getting so tired of the constant photography that Ada says, "I've had it, mom."
And after her nap today, the fun moves to Mae-Mae and Pop's house. And I will take advantage of the time away from Ada to head to Huntsville and to Party City to stock up on the last minute Elmo items needed to make the party complete. (Wal-Mart was seriously lacking in the Elmo department).
I don't know if Ada is more excited about seeing Mae-Mae and Pop or cow and horsie that live in the back yard. Every time I say, "we're going to see Mae-Mae and Pop today," Ada says, "and cow and horsie?" And I assure her that yes, she will see cow and horsie. Then she says, "Yea...Mae-Mae and Pop, Yea...cow and horsie," and she claps her hands and cheers.
And then comes the Elmo party. I think Ada slightly knows what is going on because yesterday when I said, "Ada, did you know that your birthday party is on Saturday?" she replied, "Melmo?" And I said, "yes, Elmo will most definitely be there."

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks so much for the pictures of Ada. I can't wait to see the birthday party pictures.