Monday, July 6, 2009

Funny Ada

It's been a very sick day. I have only left the couch a handful of times, and when I did leave the couch, my Target bag went with me. I am so very thankful that Ada is safe and sound with my mom. I don't feel sick this very second, though, and I think that is a good sign for tomorrow.

Anyway...because I can only blog so much about how sick I am, I thought I would tell an Ada story. Ada is still having bathroom issues. It is her thorn in the flesh (and mine), so I have been talking to my mom through out the day so that I could get updates on how things are going in that department. I was incredibly relieved to get word that Ada did, indeed, have a dirty diaper.

Well, mom has been focusing on fiber-rich snacks. She has given Ada prune juice (which apparently she likes), Activia yogurt, and Ada's newest favorite is Total cereal. Mom sent dad to the store this morning for eggs, juice, and yogurt, and he also picked up Total while there. When Ada saw the unopened box, she said, "I want some." So mom decided to try it. Mom handed her a flake at a time, and Ada kept asking for more. I am not sure if I have these details right, but at some point Ada began asking for "chips," but she meant Total. So when I talked to mom, Ada was walking around the backyard with her cup of "chips," and we aren't correcting her. I say, keep thinking that, Ada, keep thinking that. Total, chips, one in the same, right?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's pretty much correct on the story. She still likes the prune juice this morning. It's half appy juice and half prune juice - and I try not to let her see me pouring the prune juice. She's just so accustomed to that appy juice bottle and wouldn't want that tampered with. But she guzzles the prune juice mixture. Loves it. I do too. I love prune juice. But don't get it much. I love prunes. I haven't offered the "chips" this morning because she saw the powdered sugar doughnuts I had purchased following Kates onslaught of a stomach virus. I gave her 2 with her juice. She didn't eat them all - but there's just no fiber in powdered sugar doughnuts. She just walked into the room with my glasses on upside down and grinning really big.

The Murphrees said...

Sorry you are so sick. Just a little while longer and you should be feeling "good" again. I cannot wait to see your belly shots.