Thursday, July 9, 2009

Quick Update

I just had to share this really quickly because I have talked so much about my sickness.

I think the phenegran is going to do the trick!! Though it absolutely knocked me out, I have not yet felt nauseous today!!! I mean, even during Ada's pregnancy when I was not very sick, the day always started with sickness. How could it not? So, this might be the miracle drug if I can just figure out the best time of night to take it so that I am not so groggy the next day. It is 10:40 now, and I am just feeling like I can get up and about without passing out. Jenny, thanks for the tip of cutting it in half. I am hoping that will work because this seems to be the one thing that will cut through the sickness. Hallelujah!! And only three more weeks of first trimester. Maybe the end is in sight.

By the way, our quilt was oh so comfortable last night. In my drowsy state this morning, I still felt a little Christmas morning thrill when I remembered that I was sleeping under my brand new quilt from West Elm. I love it just as much as I thought I would. I will post pictures soon. And then it will be time for paint color suggestions from the readers. I want something very soothing and calming--maybe a gray? I can't decide if gray goes with the quilt, though. We'll see. Until then, I am hitting the road to pick up my little mess of a girl, Ada. I can't wait. And for those interested, she has had a dirty diaper for three days in a row--woo-hoo!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

If that quilt is off white like it looks to be, gray will absolutely go with it! beautiful. I'm going to send you an email with a link to a gray room.

Carrie said...

Our bedroom is painted gray. I love it. We have a white duvet and black furniture. The gray makes me feel cozy and safe. I tihnk you will like it. Ours is a darker gray called Amhurst Grey, I think it was Benjamin Moore. One of the old Pottery Barn colors from a couple years ago.

Rachel said...

You are having a BOY- I just know it- I have felt it since you first told everyone you were pregnant. I just had to get that out there- oh, and I am so glad you are feeling better! Def. cut those babies in half- otherwise you will be exhausted all day :)