Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Exhausted

Well, we saw him (him representing her and him here, in a pre-feminism way), all curled up and happy as a lark inside my uterus. It sort of made me laugh seeing the little blob of a baby without a care in the world. He is certainly not worried about how sick I am. It also made me get a bit choked up because there was that heart pumping away, evidence of this life inside me. It's nothing short of a miracle.

Scott was with me at this appointment, and he gets so fidgety in situations like that--waiting situations, feminine situations. So, there we sat--me lying on the table, sick as a dog, and him in the chair, waiting on the midwife to make her entrance. Well, as I lay with my eyes shut praying that I wouldn't get sick, I hear Scott get up and begin to fiddle. Next thing I know, he is pulling out plastic gloves--to try on? I'm not sure. I, not so patiently, requested that he sit back down and to please not touch anything. I just knew the midwife was going to walk in to find me asleep on the table and Scott with plastic gloves on both hands. It would be so awkward.

After much pleading, Scott stuck the glove in his pocket.

The midwife did give me a prescription for phenigran (sp?) to get me through until I can refill the zofran. She said that most moms are sicker with the second one, and she thinks it's from lack of rest. Maybe so. The phenigran will guarantee that I rest, I suppose. She was really nice and calmed my fears about my baby's lack of nutrition. When I do choke down a meal it usually involves a McDonald's hamburger or saltines with peanut butter. She also told me to set aside the pre-natal for now and to take two flintstone vitamins and a folic acid every day. She really was the most calming woman. I was thankful.

After that was over, Scott and I headed to Atlantic Station, our old stomping ground, to eat dinner and stroll around a bit. I was so happy and relieved to eat my very favorite salad from CPK, knowing that the baby was getting a bit of nutrition on this night. It was so yummy. The CPK cobb, minus the eggs. Yum. It hit the spot.

Then the night got even better.

With a full tummy, I felt less sick, so we headed into West Elm, and there we found this quilt that I have had my eye on forever.

It was marked down from 150.00 to 27.00!!!!!!!!! Please be shocked with me. And the euro shams were marked down from 30.00 each to 9.99 each!!!! So, what should have been a 210.00 purchase was about 50.00!!!!!!!! I am so excited and motivated to keep my bed made and room clean. I am so thankful. Honestly, it felt like a God thing to stumble upon this deal.

So, it's been a great day. I am absolutely worn out, though. And I am dying to see Ada tomorrow. If I think about it too much, I get emotional, so I just can't think about it. This is the longest I have been away from her, and it has been wonderful to rest, but I need that little girl in my life!!

p.s. thanks for the sweet belly comments. Ya'll may be singing a different tune later in the game;)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

LB,
So glad everything went well at the Dr. and that the little one is healthy (and that you got to have a good dinner and trip without the sickness). And wow! What a deal! Wanna see pics of it in the room!

Jenny said...

So glad you got some medicinal relief! The phenargan works well for me, but it puts me to sleep!! I cut the pill in half, and it still makes me un-sick but not quite as loopy.
I also had to put away the prenatal, instead I take the childrens chewy that Andrew takes :) It still has the folic acid, too!

Hope the sickness for both of us passes very soon!

rhodes1 said...

That's incredible about the bedding! So fun. I know you're ready to see Ada, but its been so much fun having her here!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Yay for health! What exciting news, and you are well on your way to the 2nd trimester!

Tell us more a/b the midwife. Is this something at your practice? Or, is she really a nurse practictioner? Just curious!