Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Manageable

I know that some of you (my mother mainly) are wondering how the day is going sans Zofran. And surprisingly, it's going fairly well. Do I wish I could stay under the covers all day sleeping away the nausea? Sure, but I felt that way yesterday when Zofran was in my system.

In fact, Monday was a much more difficult day than this one has been. I am so thankful. The Lord continues to take care of me. He knows what I can handle, and this day, I can handle.

The main thing I dread? Tutoring. It is so hard for me to muster up the enthusiasm needed to walk students through the hard task of learning to read, when I don't have a lot of care in me right now. But, it's just an hour at a time, and I will get through that as well.

Even my high school English student is not something I am looking forward to today. It makes me thankful that I am facing two hours of tutoring, rather than six hours of teaching rather unruly students. The Lord knew that I couldn't have been this sick while pregnant with Ada, and I wasn't!! I can't even remember how I managed to teach during first trimester. I think I have blocked it out.

All of that to say, we are alive and well, and I appreciate all of the advice, in case things do take a turn for the worse. I predict that we are on the downhill side of this thing. I am making my way through week eight, and I can even imagine what it will be like to make it to week twelve and beyond.

And next week we are headed to the doctor for an ultrasound, and I can't wait for that. I am ready to see this little person who is causing such a ruckus in my life. I told Scott this baby is already causing more trouble than Ada did--that can't be a good sign;)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You get an ultrasound?!! Jealous!

I already had my first appt, just boring paperwork...you get a picture! FUN!

Amy said...

Just think, if you make it to 16 weeks and aren't sick anymore you are doing so well. I threw up 2 times a day a more every single day (not an exaggeration) of my pregnancy. The thought of it literally makes me not want another baby..(not that it wasn't worth it- but, I dread being pregnant again).

Katie said...

Teaching during the first trimester...not easy, I know what you mean...I have blocked that out as well!!