Sunday, August 2, 2009

She's Two

well, she'll be two on Wednesday, but we have celebrated her two years of life. That's for sure.










The birthday party was a success. I think Ada was a bit overwhelmed by the fact that all of the people she loved the most (minus a few very important people) were gathered in one place. She didn't say much during the party, but as we drove back to mom's house from Ann's house, she made Scott and me sing "Happy Birthday to Ada" all the way home. And when I ask her about the party she replies, "Happy, Ada, like that." (Whenever she is telling us about something that happened in the past, she adds a "like that" to the end.) So, I am fairly certain her favorite part was when everyone was singing to her.

She is my precious, precious girl. I am overwhelmingly thankful for her and the fun we have had over the past two years. I remember when she was only two or three weeks old, and I was in the midst of what I like to call "the baby shock," I turned to Scott in my emotional, hormone out-of whack, sleep deprived, state, and I said, "this is how it is going to be for the next 18 years."

I was wrong, of course. We have returned to sleeping at night and eating regular meals and talking to each other, and it turns out that parenthood is quite the fun experience. Ada is a hoot, and she has made our life rich, rich.

We love you, our sweet girl. Our first born.

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

happy birthday, ada! what a fun day and the party looks fantastic! i know y'all are just cherishing this time...great post!

Jessica said...

Happy Early Birthday Ada! I laughed at your comment, "this is how it's going to be for the next 18 years." Sounds like something I would say in the heat of the moment! What a sweet little girl you have! She is precious. Looks like the party was a blast!!!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Ada!!! I can't believe she is 2! Ah! Such a little china doll :)