Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aching

So, based on my book, House Works, it takes 21 days to form a habit, and I am supposed to pick up one habit at a time.As I mentioned in the last post, my "habits" for last week were to begin each day by unloading the dishwasher and making sure the kitchen counters are clean, then I move upstairs where I make the bed, and I fold and put away one load of laundry. I also implemented Fridays as clean sheet day and Saturdays as clean bathroom day. So far, so good.

As I also mentioned in the last post, all of these new habits stemmed from a conversation with Ann, in which she asked me what things about my messy house bothered me the most, and I immediately said the bathrooms and kitchen because those involve sanitary issues--they just need to be clean, you know?

All of this to say, that when I began to think about a new habit to form this week, I thought about what bothered me the most, and immediately exercise, or lack there of, came to mind. So, I determined to begin doing tae-bo this week for at least 30 minutes. (I can't do the entire video because I can't do the ab section while pregnant).

I am adoring this new found second trimester energy, and I don't want to lose it when third trimester hits. I predict that if I make exercise a habit now, the energy might remain.

So, tonight when Ada was bathed and bedded, I popped the dvd in, ready to tae-bo.

Oh. my. word. My body is aching. Every inch of it. It's like new muscles have formed due to pregnancy, and they are making their presence known. Seriously...this is a different body than when I am not pregnant.

But, I will not be deterred. I will still exercise for 30 minutes, at least five days a week. I know it will make me feel better. Eventually.

Right now, I am going to find the tylenol bottle.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Laura Beth!!! I don't think you can do something as intense as Tae Bo when are pregnant can you? I am envisioning a very hard core workout. I need to get you on my "Walk At Home" kick- I love these DVD's- it's a great workout, but you don't feel like you have been run over by a U-Haul. You are making me nervous... be careful :)

Hollen said...

AHH! Being sore after you work out is so..painful!