Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am sinking deeper and deeper in

Well, folks, I am starting Harry Potter number 4 tonight. I can't stop.

In the mean time, my house is a wreck, and I am spending all my free time (i.e. nap time and night time) reading in an almost maniacal way.

This is what I do with books like this. I devour them. I almost can't even enjoy it. I will blink and realize I have read my way through all six books, and I will have no where to go from there.

This is the beauty of being an English major. I read stories like Frankenstein and Macbeth and Canterbury Tales. Amazing stories. Wonderful stories. Timeless stories. But I didn't devour them. I read them and studied them and analyzed every word, and at the end I remembered every detail. It helps that I taught them all several times. But they didn't hold me captive the way that Harry Potter does.

Scott is working his way through book one, and he won't let us rent the second movie until he reads the second book. In the mean time, I am going crazy over the wait.

p.s. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I am so excited to hear the baby's heart beat. But, I have to fight my way through 8 am Atlanta traffic to get there. Yikes. I'll be back with a report on that.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you should read the Twilight books next. Then blog about your thoughts on those books. I was addicted and I don't even like to read.

Jenny said...

LB, we are so much alike its scary! I also devour anything that has words on it. I read one of the 300+ pages of the Twilight series in one day!
I've even been known to read my husbands Power Engineering magazines (blech!) and the backs of shampoo bottles, just to have something to read!

Now I'm going to try Harry Poter, I haven't read it yet, either! And I second what Amanda said, try Twilight!

Unknown said...

I'm reading Twilight right now...and am going through the same thing. I'm staying up past Kinsey to finish chapters (a horrible idea with a toddler and newborn) but can't help it!

I think its healthy to have a way to relax though : )

rhodes1 said...

I love it!! I knew you would like them if you read them, and you're just getting to the really good ones. By the way, there are seven books.