Monday, August 24, 2009

This and That

Hello, everyone.

I feel like I have been away for days, but in reality I was just blogging on Friday.

I am experiencing the aftermath of a crazily busy weekend, and this pregnant body is not responding so well.

Tutti and Bethany took me out for a belated birthday dinner on Friday night, which was such a treat. We spent some time at the Lenox Gap Maternity, where I think I literally tried on everything in the store, but nothing really worked that well. Then we had dinner at Cheesecake Factory. It was such a treat to linger over dinner and chat without our children demanding our attention every other second. Thanks, ya'll, for a delightful evening!

I climbed into bed after midnight on Friday night (somewhere close to 2 am, I think), and I have still not recovered. I slept for three hours on Saturday afternoon, and then I stayed up past midnight again watching the first Harry Potter movie. Sunday was packed full of events, and I am finding that I can't miss sleep this pregnancy. I am paying for it big time.

This fall, my friend, Jessica, and I are doing a little childcare swap. She is teaching at a homeschool co-op, and I need the childcare to fit in doctor's appointments and things of that sort. So, on Mondays her children are here for the majority of the day, and Ada will be staying at her house on Fridays. I am really thankful for this arrangement because I am seeing the same doctor that I saw with Ada, so I have to travel all the way to the Northside once a month. I am actually headed that way this Friday. Anyway, after I put all three children down for a nap today, I absolutely konked out on the sofa. I was deep in a dream before I even knew what hit me. I woke up, confused and sort of worried that the kids might have been crying, but all was quiet in the house. God bless them, they all slept a solid two hours, and I felt so much better after my nap.
I am definitely more tired this pregnancy. Perhaps because I am a mom already? I just feel like I had a bit more energy than this with Ada, or maybe I have just forgotten. I feel loads better than I did first trimester, but I still crash into bed as early as 9 pm some nights, and three hour naps on the weekends are not uncommon. I want to take advantage now though, as I expect to be facing some long nights come February;)

And that is what is going on around here.

Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

Suehaad said...

sleep, sleep as much as you can!