Monday, August 31, 2009

Dinner Plan

It's Monday, which means it's my day with three kiddos instead of just one. However, they are all napping upstairs, and I have had the past hour and a half to enjoy a quiet house, a ham sandwich with fresh tomatoes, and The Gilmore Girls.

The fact that I didn't immediately fall asleep on the couch is a good sign to me that last week's tiredness was due to a cold and not an extreme amount of second trimester exhaustion. I am relieved to know that. At one point last week before I realized that I was in fact sick, I was in tears, as I told Scott I didn't think I could stand to be that tired through February. (my hormones are not cooperating these days). Luckily, after doing nothing but resting all weekend, including a morning in bed while Scott and Ada went to church, I am feeling that second trimester energy once again.

Perfect timing too, as I take on a new tutoring student this week, meaning I will be out until 7:00 on Monday and Wednesday nights. I am trying to plan make-ahead meals for those nights so that Scott can just stick something in the oven or spoon something out of the crockpot. Here is this week's dinner plan.

Friday night--frozen pizza (a Friday staple)
Saturday night--nachos in the crockpot (velveeta, ground beef, rotel)
Sunday Lunch--BLTs
Monday night--chicken enchilada casserole, mexican rice, black beans
Tuesday night--chicken puffs, broccoli
Wednesday night--chicken spaghetti, salad, bread
Thursday night--Fish, grits casserole, green beans

(by the way, velveeta cheese was BOGO at Publix two weeks ago, plus I had coupons, so I stocked up at .80 a box, hence the large amount of velveeta inspired recipes)

Breakfast--yogurt and granola, eggs, South Beach cereal bars (BOGO at Publix!!)
Lunch--leftovers, ham sandwiches, yogurt, fruit

Remember, for hundreds of meal ideas, check out Organizing Junkie.

No comments: