Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kitchen Update

Good Morning, ya'll. We are having a lazy morning around our house, and I am thankful for it. Ada is busy watching cartoons and drawing with a pen. Drawing with a pen is a little "treat" that I pull out to buy myself a few minutes. In this case, I was hoping for a few uninterrupted computer minutes before the day gets going.

This past Friday I finally ordered Ada's kitchen off of Amazon using a combination of birthday money, swagbucks, and an Amazon discount code. Between the code and the swagbucks, I thought I was getting 90.00 off!!!!! I was thrilled because the kitchen only cost 40.00 out of pocket, so I planned to use the extra birthday money to buy Ada two good pairs of fall shoes.

Well...I got an e-mail yesterday telling me that the Amazon code was a mistake, and my order was cancelled. Bummer. Scott and I are now waiting for about 25.00 worth of swagbucks to go through, and then I will order again. I should still have some left over birthday money for at least one good pair of shoes.

I don't usually invest in shoes because we tend to misplace them (I am probably one of the most scatterbrained people in all the land), but I think Ada needs a quality pair. She is constantly running and wearing her shoes out, so I need to step it up and buy some nice ones that will last all season.

Give us a week or two and the kitchen should finally be on its way. I can't wait because I think Ada is going to love it.

Remember, you can get in on all the swagbucks fun by clicking here (and you'll be helping me out in the process!!)

2 comments:

rhodes1 said...

I don't know if Mom's told you, but I'm working at a day care this semester, and there is one little girl who you pick up and its like picking up air. It always makes me think of Ada :)

Rachel said...

Where are those belly pics?? :)