Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Birthday Gifts

August is birthday month at our house. That is until the new little munchkin comes along in February.

Scott and Ada share August 5th as their birthday, and my birthday is a few days later on August 12th. My due date with Ada was August 8th, so we knew she might come on one of our birthdays. Scott was the lucky one (as was I because she came a few days early).

Ada's main birthday gift is her wooden kitchen, of course. Both sets of grandparents gifted Ada with money to go towards that purchase (as did my aunt Mary Ann, mom's sister), and as soon as I get back home I will promptly order the kitchen.
Ada also received a couple of books from Ann. I am so excited about these.
We (my sisters and I) grew up reading the bigger of the two books you see above--Read Aloud Bible Stories, by Ella K. Lindvall. It is a great book full of truth that is simplified in such a way that it is interesting and understandable for young children. Plus, the illustrations are delightful. In fact, the illustrations from that book are a very vivid childhood memory for me. Now Ada has her very own copy.

Ann also gave us The Bible in Pictures for toddlers by the same author. Ada absolutely loves it. She sits in my lap as I read it, and she asks for more after each story. I am so excited because we have tried several bible story books, and so far none of them have held Ada's interest. This one seems to do the trick. It's so cute, and it remains accurate to what is really in the bible.

And the other item--the shoes. Those are my birthday gift. Scott's parents also gave me a little birthday money to spend, so when I found the shoes you see above at Target on sale for 12.00, I thought they were the perfect birthday gift to myself. Ann bought the exact same pair. We have both been saying that our wardrobes need a major revamp, as we are feeling rather frumpy, and we thought those shoes would be a nice start to the revamping.
There are many more pairs on sale for 12.00, so I am tempted to go pick up another pair to add to my fall wardrobe.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

love those shoes! I feel quite frumpy myself!! And thanks for the book recommendations...always looking for something for the kids like that! Good to know! Happy early birthday!!

Ann said...

have you looked at my blog? We both posted pictures of the shoes!! how funny-we're so proud! I was going to post a picture of the bathing suit, but it didn't look quite as cute in a picture.

The Hams said...

Happy Early Birthday LB- and Happy Birthday to Scott and Ada- my birthday is also August 5th, and this year is a BIG one =( And I feel you on the "frumpy" part- since the twins came along that's how I always seem to feel!

Suehaad said...

Those shoes remind me of some Steve Madden shoes I saw last winter. Very stylish...love the ruffle.