Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bangs, to do or not to do?

Yes, it's time again for me to get some feedback from you, my online friends.

It is high time for me to get a hair cut. And that is an under statement of the highest degree. My sweet aunt Mary Ann sent me a little birthday cash, which I will be putting to good use at the hair salon.

Now, I have been seeing all of these cute hair cuts with bangs, and I think bangs add such an appropriate amount of edge. Do you agree? Here is the problem. Well, two problems really.

I have an extremely round face. As in, a perfect circle, and if I gain even one pound, it immediately shows up in my face. Seriously. Now, seeing that I am pregnant, many pounds gained are inevitable, and I am one that does pregnancy in the face. Big time. The question is, do bangs work on a round face? Or do they make the face rounder? What do you think?

Second problem--my hair texture. I have fine and very oily hair. I wash my hair on a daily basis, and sometimes it could even stand to be washed more than once. Will bangs work with fine, oily hair? I don't know. Obviously, the look these days, is thick bangs, it's not the bangs of my Jr. High days, but, still, they may not work with my hair. Again, feedback is appreciated. I want a cute cut. I want something that doesn't look exactly like every other hair cut I have ever had. Help me, please.

7 comments:

Hollen said...

I think that you would look so cute with bangs! I have a friend that has really oily hair that is also fine and her bangs look fine as long as she makes sure her hair is washed! I think it would be cute! :)

Jessica said...

I have oily hair too and my bangs do fine. I love bangs...you could do a search and see if bangs go with a round face...but just based on my opinion I think it would look cute on you!

Jenny said...

To risk busting the bang bubble (sorry!) I would say no. I had bangs for a long time and they took more time/trouble than they were worth. Considering your time is about to get much more scarce in, oh, 5 months, that may not be the best thing...also, when I got "over" my bangs, it took a long, long, long time to grow them out.

I would suggest getting som layered cut that allowed for a long bang, one that could possibly be tucked or barretted in times of haste!

Just my two cents, but do whatever makes you happy and gives the pregnancy "I'm getting huge" a good kick in the butt!

Amy said...

I've been told that bangs can work on round faces only if they are long and side-swept, though, I've never tried them in fear of looking younger.

Katie said...

Just cut your bangs before baby arrives! I decided to go super short and add bangs after Jack was born (crzy hormone episode in which my crazies told me to 'bring sexy back'!) It was not the best choice with a new baby! This was in November and I am just now to the point where I can pull them behind my ears!!!! If your going to cut - do it now! The fuss with a wee one is not worth it!! Just my two cents!!!

Katie said...

ha! She (jenny) said two cents too! funny

joy said...

I have been noticing that bangs are 'back' some of them are WAY cute (like the ones in the post after this one) The examples you gave are VERY tasteful. And you totally do new styles well. I agree that if they are long, blend in with a short, layered cut and are not too thick that they could be really cute. You are braver than me, though. After i grew out my bangs that last time (i think it was jr high) i said NEVER again...but i also said that about colored tights..and i now own some!