Friday, August 14, 2009

Daydreaming

I have still been thinking, quite a bit, about Ada's new bedroom. I have an image in my mind, and I haven't been able to put my finger on what I am looking for. Then, I visited the Anthropologie website, which is sure to leave me wanting what I can't have every single time.

Let's just pretend for a second that a budget didn't exist, and I could just do what I want to do in Ada's room.
Here is how it would go.
I would buy two of these beds.
And I would buy two of these quilts.

Then I would hang these on the wall
The walls would be a fun yellow color.

And this would hang from the ceiling.

A girl can dream, right?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

those beds remind me of the beds you and shannon slept in in college. were they hers or yours? i love that. so fun!

also, maybe you can find some bed frames at a thrift store. My friend found a wrought iron head board and painted it.

Elizabeth said...

Then use the double iron bed that you have - and how much is that light fixture? So cute. Who could hang it and attach it - electrically. Do the yellow paint. Could I copy those squares? Those little pictures? Then - all that's left is the bedding and Ann could help you find fabric. Or you could find it all by yourself. Or just do a white cover that you already have and we could make a colorful throw out of fabric that you find. MOM

Kathy said...

You can absolutely find those beds at consignment stores!!!! I've been really searching for a few things recently and I've seen beds like those in several of the stores!!!

Jessica said...

LOVE IT!

Deanna said...

I see that quilt every time I walk by Anthropologie at Bridge Street. I've been hoping it might go on a good clearance sale one day, but no luck so far. I love the birdcage light...so cute!

Ashley said...

I could totally help you create some artwork similar to what you have posted for just the cost of canvases and a few pieces of scrapbook paper. You could make them any color you wanted too!

Ann said...

Love it! I agree about the thrift store. I think you could make a room that is similar to that w/out spending a fortune.