Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter in Pictures

Here is Ada last year, just to compare.
And, Easter this year.
Here we are Friday night when we were supposed to leave, but the tornadoes stopped us.
Packed up and headed out. Ada was thrilled to have her picture taken;)
And...we've turned around and we're headed back to the house.
Easter morning, Ada is opening her basket. I removed all the candy first, though.
Playing with her Easter gifts.
Not our favorite Easter, but it will definitely be remembered.
p.s. The virus is not finished with us. Scott is currently quarantined in the bedroom after being sick all. night. long. Please join me in praying that I am spared the virus. I don't need to cancel tutoring sessions this week, and it is never convenient for a mom to be out of commission. Poor little Ada was sick again this morning (all over me and her. yuck.), but I think she is definitely on the mend this time.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

oh goodness. I do hope you do not get the virus! sorry you didn't have the best Easter. But you will be able to remember this one for awhile :)

Lindsay said...

LB, I'm sooo sorry y'all are dealing with the yuck! Y'all will definitely be in our prayers...but Ada looked so cute painting in her book!

Jessica said...

I'll say a prayer for you! I'm not feeling so hot myself...and you're right...a mom out of commission is just not possible.

Jenny said...

Laura Beth, Sorry Easter didn't turn out the way expected/hoped! I had a VERY similar experience with Andrew last year on Mother's Day. I was home alone with him at night (my husband had to work the night shift), we had 3 tornados (when we had to go into the closet to hide) and he had a stomach virus that made him vomit every 45 minutes. On Mother's Day!

I survived, and now I use that day as a reference point...i.e. "It was the Mother's Day that we spent puking in the closet..."

I do hope it spares you! There's really not much help for Mom when she's out of commission!

LB said...

thanks for the sympathy, guys. So far, so good. I am not sick yet.

Jenny--that sounds just horrible, I have to say. And on Mother's Day of all days. Were you in tears? I most certainly would have been. I was going to leave this comment on your blog, but I wasn't sure how to get there:)

Jenny said...

LB, I was too freaked out to cry...between listening to the tornado sirens and holding my poor little son's puking head...!

My blog is www.andrewthomasmanley.blogspot.com

Hope everyone is back to normal soon!!