Monday, April 6, 2009

A Few More Questions

If you haven't already, read the post below before you read this one.

Let's look at the picture of the couch again. Wait, maybe we need a better picture. By the way, I have zero photography skills. I apologize.

So, here's what I am thinking. I want a single curtain panel on each window--something in the brown family, maybe. I plan to hang the rods high to draw the eye up because our downstairs ceilings are rather low. I also would like to have matching floor lamps on either side of the couch. Does that sound good to ya'll? If so, what color shades am I going for? Would it be better to have a table on either end of the couch with a table lamp on each? Thoughts, anyone? I am looking at the couch as I type, and I am really leaning towards a floor lamp on each end of the couch. Hmmm...what should those look like, I wonder?

Oh, and finally, what do you picture above the couch? I have the painting that I mentioned below, the one that Sarah did. I originally planned for it to go above the couch, but I am wondering if it should go over the fire place. Hmmm... It is currently hanging in the guest room. Hold on, I will take a picture.

Okay, never mind. Picasa is giving me all sorts of trouble, so it's looking like no more pictures today. Hopefully, I can come back later with more pictures.

Final questions--where can I find affordable, but nice looking, lamps? And curtains for the windows? I want something basic. Maybe I can find some example pictures online.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I love green. Lamp shades, curtains, pillows... I just really think a little green goes a long way! whatever you decide, it will look gorgeous!!

McCrory Family said...

If you want a new coffee table and some lighting around the couch, why not a sofa table behind the couch? Put 2 matching table lamps and then hang a big, pretty picture over the sofa table. That way you could do away with your sofa table, have more floor space for Ada, get your lighting, and have a table to set drinks, etc. I also like the idea of hanging drapes high to draw the eye up!

julie said...

i love all the stuff you have too, but if you are looking for lamps i suggest tj maxx and for curtains i found some good ones at anna's linens and some amazing (but not cheap) ones at cost plus world market. tj maxx is my new favorite cheap home store and also try ikea!!

ashley said...

I saw some nice looking lamps at Walmart. They looked like the were made of iron and had nice shades you could choose from.
Whatever you do will be great!

Bethany said...

Try HomeGoods. It's owned by TJ Maxx but is their home goods line. There is one off of Sydney Marcus (up 400/85N).

Ann said...

I just want to say that I agree with Tutti. The #1 thing you could do that would make you feel so much better about everything is paint. It really would not seem so incomplete and empty then. I have always heard painting is the cheapest and best way to make a space look "decorated". Also, I love how all the ideas are kind of revolving around Ada. It's the way it is, isn't it?