Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Morning Mischief

This morning, I was in the dining room (aka play room. We definitely don't have any dining room furniture), and I noticed that Ada had been quiet for a while, so I went to check things out, and this is what I found.So after snapping a few quick pictures, I turned on my "stern face" and gave her a reminder that climbing up on the table to eat breakfast is not the way we do things around here.

I put her on the floor, and she went on her merry way. I started to do things around the kitchen--clean up the breakfast dishes, wipe down the counters, sweep the floors, etc. etc., and I turned around to find this.
What you see above is a picture of Ada drawing on the walls in green crayon. The crayon marks really add to the decor of the house, I think. It especially accents the pen marks on the ottoman. I'm telling you, I turn my back for one second, and this girl is into something. So this time after another little "conversation" about the dos and don'ts of crayons, I put her to work.
I really needed the oven door wiped down, and she was happy to oblige. Just another Friday morning with Ada.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Love the hair! I have the top to those pajama bottoms by the way. I had been wondering what happened to the bottoms. I will give them to you at Easter.

LB said...

Ann--or I could give you the pajama pants back. I think we've had them since Christmas Eve when Ada wore Luke's pajamas. We also have a airplane shirt of his. I wonder if he can still wear that?

Mary Ann said...

Oh Laura Beth. The pictures are too cute and too funny. I love what you write in describing the pictures. Especially when you told Ada that climbing up on the table to eat breakfast is not what y'all do around there. I love Ada's precious little face. She's so intent on doing whatever it is she's doing.