Friday, October 16, 2009

Auburn again

Well, the week had to end some time, right?

We are headed back to Auburn today so that mom can reunite with the Corolla and head back to Scottsboro. What does this mean for me? That I will eat Big Blue Bagel for lunch. And it never tastes better than when I am pregnant. Woo-hoo!!!!!!

What else do I want to tell you?

Well, remember this from so long ago?

yes that is my sewing machine that has been sitting in closet for fear that I would break it if I tried to use it. We unearthed it in the midst of the organizing, mom ordered a "super deluxe" manual for it on the internet, and she is taking it home to figure it out. (She is more familiar with sewing machines than me). Next time I am home she will hopefully teach me the basics of using it, and I will be off on my sewing adventures. Thanks again, Amy, I am so thrilled to have it.

Bows are also on the brain. With Ada's pictures coming up, and fall outfits filling her drawers, I have been thinking about bows and needing to order a few from my friend Bethany. (Bethany, my mom paid for one at a Vinings boutique yesterday so I would have it for the pictures on Saturday. It costs so much more than yours, and it didn't have a no slip grip like yours. I will be placing an order with you soon. Yours continue to be the best out there!!) But we did get a red and green one at the boutique yesterday because Ada will be wearing her Christmas dress in the pictures, and the bows are appropriately Christmasy.

Anyway, I think I might try my hand at making a bow. Darby (surely you know about her blog?) has a tutorial for making one, and I am thinking, why not try it? We'll see how that goes. Most likely, I will decide to leave the bow making to you, Bethany.

So those are my thoughts on this Friday morning. What is mainly on my brain? A honey maple turkey bagel with bagel chips and honey mustard. Oh, I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Well I am jealous of you Big Blue adventure. Eat some bagel chips for me!

Bethany said...

You are too sweet LB! Just let me know when you need some bows and I'll be here. :) I also have a new monogrammed bow too. :)I can't wait to see what you are going to whip up using your "newfound" sewing maching! You are going to LOVE it! I have several friends who just had babies that sit in front of their machines for hours...will you be one?? ;)

rhodes1 said...

remind me what your e-mail address is?