Sunday, October 4, 2009

Let the Comments Begin

Well, the comments have started.

Today, I was at CVS, and the cashier smiled knowingly at me as she asked, "how much longer do you have?" I am sure she thought I was only weeks away from my due date.

I smiled back and said, "I have to make it to February."

"February!!!" she cries, "My sister is due in February, and her stomach is still flat."

What do I say to that? I decide to point out the obvious, "Yeah, my stomach gets really big."

I loved knowing that her sister's stomach is still flat. Really.

Then I head to Kroger for a few needed items. Again the cashier asks when I am due, and again I tell her February.

Her response? She calls two other co-workers over to see my abnormally large stomach. I love being a freak show.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Aww, Laura Beth! Well, just look at it this way it's just as dramatic when you get that much smaller after having the baby!

Jenny said...

OOOohh girl! I know we are due basically the same day. And I am huge too. In fact, almost ready to go to a LARGE in maternity jeans. Seriously?!?!

I'm there with you, feeling the pain!

Amy said...

You can't post all this without a picture! I'm so curious now! Imagine if you did have twins...

The Hams said...

Oh how I can say that I have been there! I was measuring full term at 24 weeks and when people would ask when I was due and I would say May 1st {in February} and their eyes would practically pop out!! Of course, it only got worse as the days passed- but fortunately I could explain that there were two babies in there =) Your baby belly is adorable in the pictures that you've posted and don't let those comments make you think otherwise!

Nicole said...

You are not huge!!! Just ignore negative comments...some people just don't think before they speak.

Hollen said...

LOL But I saw the pictures and I don't think you look that big at all!! :) I am soooo excited because this couple in our church that we just LOVE are going to have their first baby in March!! :) They find out Wed. (I think it is Wed.) if it is a boy or girl!! :)