Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Company's Coming

I am in cleaning mode today (which mean procrastination on the internet) because my dear friend Lindsay Luginbuhl Krupicka is coming to spend the day and night with me tomorrow. I am beside myself with excitement. It's not often that college friends cross over into this motherhood world of mine, so I am looking forward to sharing the day with her. I hope Ada isn't too much for her with all the jumping and talking and such. While she was here, mom and I made the observation that once Ada is comfortable with you, she literally never stops talking. And because she is two, it can be quite exhausting because much of it is repetitive or hard to understand. (and I'm her mom!!)

I must interrupt the subject of this post to report that as I was typing, the doorbell rang. I was very surprised to find a package outside our door. The package was for Ada from her Aunt Gail (Scott's sister). It was filled with fun Halloween surprises, including two sesame street books and bubbles. We immediately made use of those two things!!

So Gail, if you are reading this, we are very thankful for the package, and we loved every bit of it. Including the coupon organizer. Thanks for thinking of us!!!!

Now, what was I saying? Oh yes, cleaning. That is what I have to go do. Luckily the house is in good shape, so I just have to do the basic stuff. There are shelves to dust and floors to vacuum. And a little girl who knows how to make a mess.

I'm off to clean!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh I'm so jealous that you and Linds get to hang out. I can only imagine the fun conversations you will have! And I really loved those pictures of your family on FB. I see some very C'mas card worthy pics in there!

LB said...

Amanda--how I wish you could join us!! And thanks for the picture compliment. I really love Cindy, the photographer. She is great AND very affordable (a must!!). And yes, you will definitely see some of those again on a Christmas card;)

Krisan said...

You should definitely go see Melanie at Dimensions and tell her I sent you! She came to the church to do my hair for the wedding I love her that much. And my mom goes to see her EVERY TIME she comes to Auburn. She is great with short hair.

rhodes1 said...

Hey, sorry I never responded about the prints. I haven't put them up on Etsy yet because they are for a class, but planned on it. I was definitely planning on making them cheaper, between 25 and 40 depending on the size. How many were you thinking? By the way, the pictures of Ada are absolutely incredible!!

Kate Rhodes said...

the pictures were wonderful! and that comment made my night... can't wait to see ya'll next weekend!

rhodes1 said...

the shopping trip was so much fun, and very successful. I think it went much better because I knew exactly what I was looking for. Rachel and I would love to come help you out and go through your closet, although I always love what you have on.